Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Just got off the July 5 cruise and have all the Capers. I will scan them in within the next couple of days and post or email them for you.

Elaine

If you have time, I would love to have a copy of these recent capers also.

We have copies of summer 2008, but would love to have some new ones.

Thanks so much if you can.

melonieann (at) gmail (dot) com

Has anybody sailed on the Conquest during hurricane season? I know that everyone lost their cars at port during Ike (hopefully, that was a one time occurrence), but how does it take high seas. Did you miss ports? What happened? Thinking about booking a cruise in August! Would you do it?

We sailed on the Conquest in August of 2006. That is when Hurricane Dean went through the Carribbean. We missed Jamaica and got an extra sea day.

Ok so I have a question...since noone is on the boards for jamaica and talking about what to do there I'll ask here...been to Jamaica twice this year and both times went to doctors cave beach and margaritaville so looking for something else to do...what excursions have yall done? Anyone recommend anything? Thanks in advance...

I have been to Jamaica numerous times also and wanted to do something different, we did the Sandals all-inclusive day and had a fun time. The resort we went to was very nice, shaded chairs on the beach, all the liquor you would ever want, nice sandy beach and swim-up bar in pool. We ate lunch at the grill but you can also go into the resturant. We left the ship at 11 am and boarded the shuttle back to the ship at 3:30pm, plenty of time to soak in the sun and relax.

Elaine

Well I guess the obvious (or maybe not so obvious) suggestion would be Dunn's Falls. We did this on our last cruise and we loved it! We had a nice lunch at a nearby bed & breakfast and then took a little charter boat ride for about 5 minutes to the falls. Its really beautiful and we had a blast climbing it! You don't have to climb it if that's not your thing, the have stairs you can take along side the falls. We're just shopping in Mo Bay this time around.

Just got off the July 5 cruise and have all the Capers. I will scan them in within the next couple of days and post or email them for you.

Elaine

I would love, love, love that! Thanks so much!

And thank you ADDboy for getting me those capers last night. Mom was excited to see them!

I can forward to them to you or post them on our roll call melonie. Yeah, I'll probably post on the roll call so everyone can see.:D

Ok so I have a question...since noone is on the boards for jamaica and talking about what to do there I'll ask here...been to Jamaica twice this year and both times went to doctors cave beach and margaritaville so looking for something else to do...what excursions have yall done? Anyone recommend anything? Thanks in advance...

We booked an excursion through Barrett Adventures. We went to a ranch with falls, tubing and zip lines, had lunch and then went to a "hummingbird sanctuary". It was actually a house with lots of bird friendly plants that attracted hummers, butterflies and other birds. You were given a little vial of sugar water which you held out next to your outstretched finger and the hummingbirds would light on your finger and drink from the vial. It was pretty neat. I was very satisfied with our guide, and the tour and would definitely recommend Barrett Adventures for anyone looking to do an an excursion. The Jamaican countryside is beautiful. However, that being said, I think if we ever go back to Jamaica we will just do one of the all inclusive beach breaks. The excursion involved a long, long drive through some very poor, scary looking areas. (Groups of men hanging around in the street in the middle of the day, some holding machetes.) If we had had a flat tire, or broken down, we would have been a long way from the ship and I would have been very nervous. I enjoyed the excursion, and I'm glad we did it. I would just feel better staying closer to the ship next time.

We booked an excursion through Barrett Adventures. We went to a ranch with falls, tubing and zip lines, had lunch and then went to a "hummingbird sanctuary". It was actually a house with lots of bird friendly plants that attracted hummers, butterflies and other birds. You were given a little vial of sugar water which you held out next to your outstretched finger and the hummingbirds would light on your finger and drink from the vial. It was pretty neat. I was very satisfied with our guide, and the tour and would definitely recommend Barrett Adventures for anyone looking to do an an excursion. The Jamaican countryside is beautiful. However, that being said, I think if we ever go back to Jamaica we will just do one of the all inclusive beach breaks. The excursion involved a long, long drive through some very poor, scary looking areas. (Groups of men hanging around in the street in the middle of the day, some holding machetes.) If we had had a flat tire, or broken down, we would have been a long way from the ship and I would have been very nervous. I enjoyed the excursion, and I'm glad we did it. I would just feel better staying closer to the ship next time.

Funny you mention that....on the way back to our the ship on our last cruise (not Carnival) we actually did get a flat. I was surprised to see that almost all the natives that passed us stopped to see if there was something they could help with. Eventually someone with this particular company (we booked through the cruise) came with a spare and we switched it and were on our way. This is the one reason why I will continue to book through the boat. Had this excursion been on our own we would have been left as we finally arrived back at the dock 30 minutes after we were supposed to leave the port. I'll pay the extra money for the peace of mind but I know good deals can be found booking on your own.

I would would really appreciate copies also!! my e-mail is juliekoefoot@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!

We will be leaving on Sunday, July 19th on this itinerary and have booked with Barrett Tours to do their White Water Rafting. The pictures look wonderful and we can't wait.

Thanks everyone for responding to my questions on what to do in jamaica..hope we can figure out what to do in the next 82 days...anymore suggestions...keep em coming :)

We will be leaving on Sunday, July 19th on this itinerary and have booked with Barrett Tours to do their White Water Rafting. The pictures look wonderful and we can't wait.

Can you tell me how much your paying? Thanks

.... it was fun. It was DS (12) and me (ahem, 55+). They were very professional, I made ressies on their website, and they picked us up right @ the terminal. The driver is basically yours for the day if you want. It was us 2 and a family of 3 and the taxi was $10 PP for the day.

Thanks everyone for responding to my questions on what to do in jamaica..hope we can figure out what to do in the next 82 days...anymore suggestions...keep em coming :)

to sandals and had a great time. However, it appeared that the folks that went to Sandals an hour earlier then us went to a different sandals because they certainly weren't where we were. I imagined their entire bus was filled and ours was about 1/2 full! It was very relaxing.

It is $90 per person, Carolyn sends you a paypal request for half of the payment and then you pay the other half when you get there or you can request a second paypal request to prepay the balance.

Can you tell me how much your paying? Thanks

Does anyone know the price of DOD in a collectable cup vs. plastic?

It used to be less, but now that they have the DoD card it may be the same.

i.e. At one time it was the same as the refill price. Good question, let us know for sure.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would love to know the answer to this question too! Your information was the same as what I heard last. I hope they've straightened the issues out because this is one of the things I've really been looking forward to.

Bump. Any recent Conquest cruisers confirm Go/No Go on the Mongolian Grill? (Note, NOT PCs Wok, that's different)