Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I just got off the Conquest this past Sunday from the Western Itinerary and I've got the week's capers. I'll get them scanned and emailed to you with Conquest Capers in the subject line.

Jennifer

Jennifer, I would love to have a copy of your capers. We sail in November on the western itinerary. My e-mail is:

mcrenick @ sbcglobal dot net

Thanks so much!

Yes, I know some Lunn's, they have one of the funeral homes here. At one time they also had a furniture store and funeral home in Olney. Several years ago we used to do the TV repair work for their furniture store......Small world.

Doug

Cool!

I just got off the Conquest this past Sunday from the Western Itinerary and I've got the week's capers. I'll get them scanned and emailed to you with Conquest Capers in the subject line.

Jennifer

Would like to have a copy of your capers please e-mail to delal@charter.net thanks

Can anyone tell me where to find the original post about Best and Worst Cabins. It had a list of Conquest Cabins to avoid and why. I had it saved in my Favorites, but now it won't bring up the post. Thanks.

I had seen one that covered a bunch of ships, but now I can't find it. I would have thought it would be in my favorites, but I looked at home and at work and it's not there.... I must have saved it before I had to have my home computer formated and lost my favorites. I just remembered I made a word doc. of my favorites at work before they messed with my machine. I'll check it this afternoon. You can also do a search on this site and see what it brings up...

Mona

Thanks mpalmer. I've tried searching CC and the web and someone must have removed the one I had seen before. It was titled something like "Best and Worst Cabins". Can't believe I saved it, but now it won't load.

Edited by liketocruise2

Thanks for the reply zenoland. These posts are from several years ago before the Conquest went into drydock. Do you think any cabins config. were changed during that time? I really don't know what they do to a ship while in drydock. Thanks again.

Thanks mpalmer. I've tried searching CC and the web and someone must have removed the one I had seen before. It was titled something like "Best and Worst Cabins". Can't believe I saved it, but now it won't load.

Well, I looked at the list I had at work and it wasn't there. Sorry...

Mona

Requesting comments/opinions on room 8420.

How private are the balconies? Are people above/next to you able to see you?

No comments specific to your cabin but I can try to answer regarding balconies...the people to the directly to your right or left can see you if they wrap their head around the little dividing wall but that would be really weird. I don't recall being able to see the people below, but I guess if I really tried we might have been able to. I imagine most balcony people would keep to themselves. Dont forget though, when you dock your room may be very close to another ship and people on the other ship might be able to see you.

I am trying to decide on a night to book the supper club. I like to go to the shows; so, I want to make sure that I don't miss them. Any suggestions?

Sunday- Welcome Aboard Show

Monday- Point & Click (singing and dancing....think vegas type show)

Tuesday- Ron Joseph (Motown Singer)

Wednesday- Not sure...missing that caper. I think it was the comedian Derrick Eason though....very funny guy! Or maybe it was the magician/illusionist. I think Derrick was in the Degas Lounge and the magician was in Toulouse Latrec theatre. We went to see Derrick.

Thursday- Formidable (see monday)

Friday- Juggling Artist and Derrick Eason

Saturday- Carnival Legends (cruise guests become celebrities like Britney Spears, Aretha Franklin, Garth Brooks, etc. )

HTH!

Just got off Conquest yesterday, any questions? I hope to have a full review with pictures, capers, and RCL vs CCL comparison up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does anyone have any info on the new facelift of the Conquest or any pics? I use a w/c and any info that would help us around the ship would be helpful. We have an acessable stateroom booked for Sept of 2010. This site is a good idea.

I don't have pictures available just yet but will try to post soon. I would say most if not all areas are very accessible. If you decide to do shows in the Talouse-Latrec I would suggest sitting in the lounge area on deck three. The hallways where the cabins are located are not the widest but definitely manageable. Walkways around the decks (Lido, Promenade, etc) are pretty wide though.

We used a stroller for my son all through out the ship and had no issues. Just had to wait for an elevator if going up or down. If you plan on going out to the ports you may one to speak with someone at Guest Services to make arrangements for getting you ashore. The elevators did not allow us to go to deck 0 for the gangway so we carried my son in the stroller down one flight of stairs. HTH and enjoy your cruise....almost a year away!

Can anyone tell me if the forward cabins on the empress have a lot of motion. We booked a guarantee balcony two months ago and were assigned a cabin two days ago-Empress deck-cabin 7208 right on the front. I am a little concerned about wind and motion. If anyone has ever stayed in any of the forward cabins, please let me know how you liked them. My mother and sister are also joining me. My mom is 81 and I don't want her to get sea sick. If we change cabins it will cost an additional $220 and I feel that is too much. I do know that I will not book a guarantee again. I could have picked the cabin at the same price I paid for a quarantee, but was told that a guarantee would possibly get us an upgrade N.....OT. I feel like we received what was left in a lower catagory because we did not pay near what the cabins are going for now. Anyway I would appreciate any info anyone can give me about these forward cabins. Thank you

Barb

Can anyone tell me if the forward cabins on the empress have a lot of motion. We booked a guarantee balcony two months ago and were assigned a cabin two days ago-Empress deck-cabin 7208 right on the front. I am a little concerned about wind and motion. If anyone has ever stayed in any of the forward cabins, please let me know how you liked them. My mother and sister are also joining me. My mom is 81 and I don't want her to get sea sick. If we change cabins it will cost an additional $220 and I feel that is too much. I do know that I will not book a guarantee again. I could have picked the cabin at the same price I paid for a quarantee, but was told that a guarantee would possibly get us an upgrade N.....OT. I feel like we received what was left in a lower catagory because we did not pay near what the cabins are going for now. Anyway I would appreciate any info anyone can give me about these forward cabins. Thank you

Barb

We had the second cabin from the front on a smaller ship (Ecstasy) than the Conquest a few years ago, and it wasn't bad at all. I had also been concerned. We did hear a little noise, I think when they dropped anchor. I wasn't bad at all. But of course it would depend on how the water is (rough?).

Mona