Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello all~ Sorry to post this question here, but the “Jamaica” thread seems to be dead.

We are set to sail in a few days and have decided to do something cheap as possible in Jamaica.

Can anyone give me any ideas/suggestions, please?

I’m scared to even get off the ship and venture on my own, but I at least want to get off and look around. Is it really as bad as some say it is?

Hello all~ Sorry to post this question here, but the “Jamaica” thread seems to be dead.

We are set to sail in a few days and have decided to do something cheap as possible in Jamaica.

I’m scared to even get off the ship and venture on my own, but I at least want to get off and look around. Is it really as bad as some say it is?

Hey reyes, it's Chick from the roll call.

Although we have booked an excursion this year, Chuck and I have been to MoBay before and we just took a cab to Margaritaville. Now, granted, this was about 10 years ago. We were in a group of about 6 folks. It is my understanding that you ONLY get in cabs with a "red" Jamaican Government license plate and that's just what we did. Once at Margaritaville, no worries at all except the warnings to NOT buy drugs in the bathrooms there because those are undercover Jamaican cops. We had no worries or issues with that (our dope comes in a liquid form, ha ha). You should be fine if you wanted to do something like that. Contrary to opinions here on CC - I feel safer in MoBay than in Ocho Rios. Good Luck! See you on the roll call.

Chick.

There are a lot of recent problems in Jamaica....a lot! I love doing independent excursions, but Jamaica is one place I would NOT do anything that is NOT through Carnival. That way if there is any problem, Carnival will be on top of it, and you don't have to worry about them leaving you!

I think the cheapest option is one of the beach places. Sunset beach or something like that. Google Jamaica for a day. Think is is 60 per person, but that is all inlcusive, alcohol and food.

I think the cheapest option is one of the beach places. Sunset beach or something like that. Google Jamaica for a day. Think is is 60 per person, but that is all inlcusive, alcohol and food.

We did Jamaica for a day last year. It was a fantastic safe clean hassle free day! I have thought about flying back just to stay at sunset beach.

And it's close enough to walk, so you can save taxi fare.

Do the slot machines on the Conquest accept cash as well as the sail & sign card? We have an 18 yo wanting to try his luck.;)

TIA,

Elsie:cool:

You can put in all the cash you want but....if you use cash and win you don't get cash back from the machine. You have to save it to your sign and sail card and go to the cashiers window to get your winnings.

Edited by blyle

We sailed Port side (with a balcony) last time, have Starboard this time. I wonder if one side is better than the other. Any comments?

Y'all are so helpful!

Thanks!

I USUALLY like being on starboard while in Galveston and port while in Jamaica... but sometimes they park backwards anyway. It really doesn't matter!

Hi! My mother-in-law just booked 11 of us on the Conquest for a cruise in August. She got us all oceanview rooms and is refusing to let us pay for our own upgrades to a balcony cabin. We are assigned cabin 2247- there will be two adults and two children. Anyone have any thoughts of this cabin or this level? I would much prefer to be higher because I am so afraid of noise levels in the lower decks. Am I worried about nothing? I even offered to pay for the upgrades for all four cabins in our party, but she is refusing to let me do it. Am I being ungrateful? Since she is paying for the cruise and the airfare for all 11 of us, I want to make sure we all have a good time and don't have noise issues.

I can't wait to peak around these boards for fabulous tips! We did a Disney cruise a couple of years ago but this is our first Carnival Cruise.

Thanks for your help! Connie

Hi! My mother-in-law just booked 11 of us on the Conquest for a cruise in August. She got us all oceanview rooms and is refusing to let us pay for our own upgrades to a balcony cabin. We are assigned cabin 2247- there will be two adults and two children. Anyone have any thoughts of this cabin or this level? I would much prefer to be higher because I am so afraid of noise levels in the lower decks. Am I worried about nothing? I even offered to pay for the upgrades for all four cabins in our party, but she is refusing to let me do it. Am I being ungrateful? Since she is paying for the cruise and the airfare for all 11 of us, I want to make sure we all have a good time and don't have noise issues.

I can't wait to peak around these boards for fabulous tips! We did a Disney cruise a couple of years ago but this is our first Carnival Cruise.

Thanks for your help! Connie

I stayed in 2316 last April and have the same cabin booked for Nov this year. I agree that there is more noise on the upper decks. We never had a problem with noise last year. You can hear the elevators ding every now and then but that didn't bother me. I like knowing I'm close to the exit. :p I think you will enjoy this cabin just fine! I always book the lower decks and never had a problem.

My Wife and Mother-in-law are ice tea fanatics (coffee not so much) and are asking about bringing/making their own.

Any thoughts to this? Perhaps room service can bring a pot of hot water each morning?

CRAZY idea to me. What do you think?

Thanks, once more!

You can put in all the cash you want but....if you use cash and win you don't get cash back from the machine. You have to save it to your sign and sail card and go to the cashiers window to get your winnings.

Thanks, I'm sure that his mom will like that!:D

Elsie:cool: