Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

did you do this margaritaville? If so what was the cost involved? trying to plan my vaction for upcoming cruise!

Like Snoozeman said. Both times I was there we didn't eat. Just had a drink or two. Kinda high priced, but about what you'd expect for a touristy place like Margaritaville or a Hard Rock Cafe.

Tendering will start soon after 7:00 a.m.The ship will start to give tender tickets to those not scheduled for a Carnival excursion at 7:00 a.m. in the main theatre on on a first come first served basis.We booked with Captain Marvin's and had a 9:15 meeting time for their 10:00 trip and got to the pier before 8:00 and shopped for an hour. You'll be fine .We were worried too.:) We found this all out from the purser on board.You'll love Captain Marvin's.Have fun !

I am so glad to see your post. We are also doing Captain Marvin's and have a 9:15 arrival time (for the half day snorkeling). My friend wanted some time to walk around a bit, I told her that we would have about an hour that morning, if we got up and going early. What about afterwards? the trip is from 10-1:30, did you get back at the assigned time or was there extra travel time? It would seem to me that we should also have about an hour in the afternoon (I think I read that the last tender left around 3 P.M.????). I can't do a lot of walking about, had spinal surgery not too long ago and am still a bit weak. I'm excited tho'!!! Thank you for your response.

cruiser407 - Can I ask you what limo company you are talking about? I'm currently looking at various ways to get from the airport to our hotel in Galveston and then from the port to the airport. Thanks!

Diana

Diana

Sorry for the delay! I haven't been on here. I am using a company called Galveston Limousine Service 409-744-5466. They have a schedule so I am assuming it will be a shuttle type situation. The $210 is the cheapest I found. Here is the schedule:

Galveston, Texas City, LaMarque, Hitchcock, Santa Fe, Dickinson and League City

One wayRound Trip Adult $40$70Child (4-10) $20$35Sr. Citizen $35$60

Leave GalvestonArrive IAHLeave IAHArrive Galveston5:30am7:30am**8:30am10:30am**7:00am9:00am**9:30am11:30am8:00am10:00am10:30am12:30pm10:00am12:00pm12:30pm2:30pm11:30am1:30pm2:00pm4:00pm1:30 pm3:30pm4:00pm6:00pm3:00pm5:00pm5:30pm7:30pm5:00pm7:00pm8:00pm10:00pm

**OPERATES ONLY ON MONDAY-THURSDAY-SATURDAY-SUNDAY

We are coming in a day early so the schedule works for us! I hope this helps!

Hi, We are looking forward to our first Carnival cruise as we have sailed with Princess 3 times and are ready for a change and have many good things about Carnival and the Western Int. Hope you dont mind answering many a questions for me...

:rolleyes:

Was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather would be like the end of November ?

What are the kids programs like for 10-12 year olds ?

Are we tendered at Grand Caymen ?

Does this ship Party all night ??? :D well at least past 12:00pm ? and have some other music playing besides the bump and gind ?

Also are the pools salt water ? heard that someplace ? is it bothersome ? never been in a salt water pool.

Do they have pool games on sea days etc ?

If we book our cruise now and the price goes down can we get a price adjustment ?

Thanks!

I am sure I will have more questions ... ;)

Was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather would be like the end of November ?

It will probably be cool in Galveston and the first sea day. Nice and warm after that.

Yes.

Does this ship Party all night ??? :D well at least past 12:00pm ? and have some other music playing besides the bump and gind ?

There was plenty of partying for my taste. YMMV

Also are the pools salt water ? heard that someplace ? is it bothersome ? never been in a salt water pool.

Yes, they're salt water, but I don't know what it's like. I never got in the pool on either cruise.

If we book our cruise now and the price goes down can we get a price adjustment ?

I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but that's what I hear.

Is this a restuarant or is this a restuarant combo with the beach? Fill me in?

Restaurant and bar (heavy on the bar). They have a DJ and play trivia games and such. It doesn't have a beach, but it has a water slide and trampoline.

Restaurant and bar (heavy on the bar). They have a DJ and play trivia games and such. It doesn't have a beach, but it has a water slide and trampoline.

I appreciate the information......my wife thought it was a beach, with teh trampoline and the waterside.....but that is not the case....i will let her know of this, is more of a bar than a beach!

Thanks Suzy!

They have a great program. Our kids loved it. They are kept busy most of the time. In fact, I would suggest that you request early seating for dinner; otherwise your kids will not want to eat with you, as CC schedules events during late seating. Be aware that at this age, they can sign themselves in and out w/o a parent. Not a problem for us, but it is for some parents.

Sorry, meant to respond to this in my earlier post. :rolleyes: Anyways, the answer is yes. Did you book directly with Carnival? Just check prices and if you see a drop prior to final payment, call Carnival and ask (nicely) for a price adjustment. If you see a drop in price after final payment, again, call Carnival and tell them you've seen a price drop. Usually you will receive on board credit, or sometimes an upgrade. If you didn't book directly with Carnival, you need to check with whomever you did book with. We booked our Victory cruise with an internet site; saw the price drop and we got upgraded and a price reduction.:D

Can SOMEONE Please just post a "LINK" for the Capers on here, so that we can all view them, thanks

Here you go, the first four links are capers, the fifth is a link to menus.

http://www.ronrythm.com/Conquest_Capers.html

http://community.webshots.com/album/522675916TNencc

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548651518NCQRXb

http://community.webshots.com/album/550415316PyrwcL

Has anybody ever heard of American Transport? I'm not sure where it is based out of, but when I called the hotel that we are staying at in Galveston, they told me about this company. I called them and they charge $25 per person to go from Hobby to our hotel on Seawall in Galveston. And it's the same price from the Cruise terminal to Hobby. For the 4 of us, we found this to be the most economical one we've found.

Hi, there are 6 of us and we have rented a minivan from enterprise. It's about 40/day. There is a 40 drop off fee in Galveston but none on the trip back to Hobby. We are going to riverwalk in San Antonio for a few days so the rental car is the way to go. The day after the cruise we will get back to hobby for about 45.00 for all 6 of us renting the car. Can't beat that. Anyone know about the double booked room previously mentioned? We're also on the 2/18 sailing.

to my questions! I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and answer my questions. I am sure I will have more :confused: later....

Lori

CB Princess Sept. 2005

SF Princess Jan 2006

CB Princess Jan 2007

Carnival Conquest PENDING Nov 2007!

Sur Mer serves seafood. The fish and chips are awsome and they make a good seafood soup too. There won't be any lines on the first few days because no one knows where it is.

Where is it located on the ship?

Thanks

Okay, dying to know....exactly what is fish and chips. Is it exactly like the name implies....potatoe chips, french fries, what type of fish...Sorry I have not heard about this. I am just a country boy....We have fried catfish and hush puppies..lol.

Hi, We are looking forward to our first Carnival cruise as we have sailed with Princess 3 times and are ready for a change and have many good things about Carnival and the Western Int. Hope you dont mind answering many a questions for me...

:rolleyes:

Do they have pool games on sea days etc ?

Thanks!

I am sure I will have more questions ... ;)

as far as the Camp Carnival....My kids absolutley love the Camp Carnival, tehy get to interact with other children there ages, the staff seem to be very nice and very outgoing getting the kids to interact with one another....you will be very happy that you allowed your kids to attend...

watch by the end of the cruise the kids will be begging you to go to Camp Carnival......