Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

If you're spending the night in Galveston anyway, leaving your car at the hotel would be a good option, but if you're not, EZ Cruise parking is only $50.

Is that $50 when you purchase online or can you just pay the $50 when you get to Galveston? I know I have read somewhere on thes board that if you purchase online you can get the price $5 or $10 cheaper than if you pay for it when you get there? I didn't know if that was EZ Cruise or not? Where is EZ Cruise located? Do they offer a shuttle to and from your car? Thanks!:cool:

Is that $50 when you purchase online or can you just pay the $50 when you get to Galveston? I know I have read somewhere on thes board that if you purchase online you can get the price $5 or $10 cheaper than if you pay for it when you get there? I didn't know if that was EZ Cruise or not? Where is EZ Cruise located? Do they offer a shuttle to and from your car? Thanks!:cool:

$50 online, $55 if you wait until you get there. It's two or three bocks from the ship. They have a shuttle, but I found it easier to drop off the luggage and one person and then park and just walk to the ship. Getting a shuttle back to the car when we got back didn't take very long.

$50 online, $55 if you wait until you get there. It's two or three bocks from the ship. They have a shuttle, but I found it easier to drop off the luggage and one person and then park and just walk to the ship. Getting a shuttle back to the car when we got back didn't take very long.

Thanks for the helpful info! We usually drive down the night before because we live in SW Missouri and it takes 10+ hours....but also considering staying in a town outside of Galveston the night before and just driving in port day. Have a great cruise!:cool:

Does anyone know if there is a pool table on the conquest? My fiance loves to play pool and so I was hoping there would be one. Thanks so much!

The only pool table on the Conquest is in the crew lounge. It is not available for use by passengers.

Hey Momofmn00-

Where are you located in SW Missouri ? I'm from SE Kansas, Have you ever heard of Ft. Scott ?

Kay

Sure, we are not far from Fort Scott, Ks! We live in Joplin! Not that far away! Awesome! Nice to meet you! :D

What is the best suggestion for a storage solution for shower stuff? I need a place for shampoo/conditioner/face wash... Should I bring little suction pocket shelves or an over the shower head thing? Or is there already enough shelving for stuff like that?

Its nice to meet you !! Do you and your family drive or fly to Galveston ? My DH and I went on the conquest back in 05, We flew out of Tulsa to Houston. But this time we are driving and staying Sat. night in Galveston.

I shop in Joplin or at least I did until I received a speeding ticket on the way there...Boy that was a bummer on the rest of my shopping trip.

I forgot to look are you going on the Conquest again anytime soon ?

Kay

Its nice to meet you !! Do you and your family drive or fly to Galveston ?My DH and I went on the conquest back in 05, We flew out of Tulsa to Houston. But this time we are driving and staying Sat. night in Galveston.
WE drive. I guess for us, we are too cheap :rolleyes: to fly, as it is around $200+ per person. We went on the Conquest last Feb and stayed at the Howard Johnson Express~WHICH I DON'T RECOMMEND~But I have seen alot of good hotels @ www.galveston.com, and some of them even offer free cruise parking/transportation to the pier & back!

I shop in Joplin or at least I did until I received a speeding ticket on the way there...Boy that was a bummer on the rest of my shopping trip.
LOL~Don't I know it! ;) Actually I haven't gotten a ticket in 7+ years, but being at that, I SURE do have a way with speeding....:eek:

I forgot to look are you going on the Conquest again anytime soon ?
Surely, we are in the plans for another Conquest Cruise NEXT October either 18 or 25...not sure yet:confused: ...but we are taking the kids (7&8)this time....I am not sure about the drive....but at least my DH installs Audio/Tv's in cars for a living so we will have that to entertain them

What is the best suggestion for a storage solution for shower stuff? I need a place for shampoo/conditioner/face wash... Should I bring little suction pocket shelves or an over the shower head thing? Or is there already enough shelving for stuff like that?

there is an installed dispenser in the shower with shampoo and body wash in it, I always use an over the door shoe holder with clear pockets ($10 bucks @ Wallyworld!) for all the little things, keeps the counters clear. There is shelving at the sink and counter area, but can't remember much in the shower itself. I went back and looked at my pics and I can't tell for sure- I think I put my shampoo, conditioner and razor on top of the dispensers when I was in the shower. The suction cup shelves sound like a great idea!

coupleofcops/Kay:

I forgot to ask?Have you done any other cruises besides the conquest? just wondering?:confused:

I WISH !!! My DH and I went in Sept. 05. We were married back in 2000 and never had a honeymoon. So it was our delayed HM.

I have been hooked ever since... I finally got smart and opened a cruise fund account :D . The plan is to cruise ever 2 years and with 5 of us ( Kids- 1 boy 15, 2 girls- 13 & 11) thats all the more we can afford to cruise.

I would love to try to get a 4 or 5 day cruise in once a year, but for all the trouble in planning its just as cost effective to do the 7 day.

I have been hooked ever since... I finally got smart and opened a cruise fund account :D

I know! WE have some friends, that every time we were together we telling us about the cruises (they had been on 2 previously, Ectacy and one out of NOLA) Anyway, One day we all decided to cruise. We picked the Conquest, because really, for the ammount of days verses the cost, 7 days is more cost effective. We had such a blast! I told my DH that I wanted to take the kids and we've decided to take them NEXT Oct since that will be around my 30th b-day :rolleyes:! Luckliy, with planning so far ahead, we can pay a little each pay check and the stress on our budget isnt that bad.....:cool:

Last cruise I was completely unprepared for this as well. I had bottles everywhere! I am getting this http://www.dormbuys.com/index.php?action=item&id=906. For $14.95 you can't beat it. Just set it right outside the shower curtain and grab out what you need as you need it. By the way.....we are neighbors. I live in Bedford. Happy cruising:D

So when do you cruise on the Conquest next?

Pretty much right now, we have plans for a cruise on the Conquest October 25-Nov 1 2008! I know, such a long time away...but got to make plans with that many people. I think we are considering getting on of the family staterooms on the spa deck with the floor to ceiling windows. Since you have 5 in your family, you have to ge 2 rooms? Originally, I had wanted a balcony room this time, but after concidering the thoughts of my DS whom will 7 at the time hanging over the railing, I think I have changes my mind! :eek:

I saw your ticker and thought you all were going sooner....Yes we got 2 rooms 1 OV and 1 inside. I'm so tickled to have a OV last go around we were on the main deck inside cabin, which is fine because we didn't spend much time in it....Off the subject ? Do you ever go to Branson to shop? My girlfriend is wanting to spend a weekend there shopping, she tells me that there is alot of outlet malls.....

I saw your ticker and thought you all were going sooner..........

I WISH!!!!!:p

Off the subject ? Do you ever go to Branson to shop? My girlfriend is wanting to spend a weekend there shopping, she tells me that there is alot of outlet malls.....

Branson is nice. The outlets are pretty cool and sometimes they have good bargins, sometimes just different items than the stores at malls. I also know there is a new mall they built in branson closer to downtown..I heard it nicer but I haven't been there....YET!:eek:

I haven't seen any info on the slide on the conquest. Are the lines long? Does it have stairs? It looks as though it goes down a couple of decks. Just wondering since nobody has mentioned anything about it. Thanks!

Yes, it does go down a few storries, as it is on the sky deck (level 13) and it ends o the Lido Deck (leve 9). :eek: It looked pretty fun! The lines were not too long when we were on, but that was Feb and there were less kids, and a little chilly for some people (like me) :rolleyes: to even be in my swimsuit a few of the days at sea so.....can't help you too much there...I am sure the slide gets pretty busy in the summer with all those kids aboard!!!!:eek: