Rum Cake?

teacher2cruiser

A lot of the stores sell them.

We found rum cakes at the restaurant "Breezes" which is located in the port area (the buiding faces the water...I believe it has "Landmark" on the front of the building).

There's also a Tortuga Rum Cake shop just to the right of the port area (away from the 7MB area). It seems like it was next to the Hard Rock, but I can't remember exactly, but it's not hard to find.

We found Hurricane rum cakes at the Turtle Farm (in the snack bar area). They were really our favorite. They were chocolate and vanilla swirl. I think they said "Hook" on the front, but I believe they were Blackbeard rum cakes.

You'll have no problem finding rum cakes.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if I can buy a few rum cakes for family souveniors and have the store ship them? That way I don't have to keep it on the cruise the whole week and my family memebers will get their cakes before I even get home.

You can order them online and have them shipped. Here's their website...

http://www.tortugarums.com/

Princess sold them in the gift shop on the ship, and for a better price than we found in Grand Cayman. Although, the Grand Cayman shops had a more diverse selection.

They are good, but get a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix, bake it, then dump some run over it and let it set for a few days so the alcohol evaporates. You'll save around $25.

$27.50 for 6 pack of mini rum cakes (4oz each) on the Radiance (I just ate some Key Lime - excellent). They were the same price in Grand Cayman but I had a $2 off coupon.

As for the larger size (16 oz) - paid 2 for $27.95 on the ship. I believe it was 3 for @ $39 and 4 for @ $48. Similar pricing in Grand Cayman.

I decided to buy them on the ship so I wouldn't have to carry them around at port.

It's always struck me as odd that the Cayman Islands are making rum. They import 90% of all their food and hardly have any agriculture. The land is worth so much money. I wonder... where do they get all that sugar cane from. Hmmm.....

It's always struck me as odd that the Cayman Islands are making rum. They import 90% of all their food and hardly have any agriculture. The land is worth so much money. I wonder... where do they get all that sugar cane from. Hmmm.....

There is no distillery in Cayman. The various brands of Cayman rum are blends of rums imported from other locales.

Archived