Bars close to Cruise ship pier??

CaribbeanCrazy

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a bar or two that is in walking distance to/fro the cruise ship pier? We will be going after dark so I want to make sure it is in a safe area....and that we would be safe walking there..and back in the dark! We just want to have a couple of beers...so it doesn't have to be anything fancy...just safe:)

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

Just returned from Serenade cruise and a stop in Barbados. There is a small outdoor bar within the gates of the pier area. It is near the doors to the terminal building where you hail the cabs. It's not much but there are tables, music and plenty of Banks beer on ice. Really all you need.....

I know you really wanted to walk, but a 5 minute cab ride will get you to The Boatyard and I've heard that they also have a shuttle to/from there now. It's a very fun atmosphere like a Carlos 'n Charlies- they also have a beach for daytime activities and a full menu for dinner, etc.

Thanks to you both for the replies.:)

The one inside the terminal area will work for us.

From what I've read...the boatyard isn't really our kind of hangout...maybe 10-15 years ago.;) We have been to Carlos and Charlies only once...and that was enough! :eek: We prefer the quieter local type bars now.:)

CaribbeanCrazy

Archived