Dining on The Star

stretts

Hi, we have been allocated a table for 6, 8pm sitting on our cruise.

We are a family of four (kids 14 & 17). Are there bigger tables? and do they try to put families with kids together on tables?

I opted for the second sitting as I thought it would give us time to get organized after shore tours and also less time to wait for the night life.

What do regular cruisers think???as this is our first.

Hi, we have been allocated a table for 6, 8pm sitting on our cruise.

We are a family of four (kids 14 & 17). Are there bigger tables? and do they try to put families with kids together on tables?

I opted for the second sitting as I thought it would give us time to get organized after shore tours and also less time to wait for the night life.

What do regular cruisers think???as this is our first.

Hi stretts,

Our family of 4 (kids similar in age to yours) choose the early sitting which worked fine for us. We had a table to ourselves. If you're at a table of 6 I imagine you'll share with a couple:confused: (maybe others on here will clarify that). There are tables that take more than 6 though.

You won't miss any 'night life' (Shows),as there are 2 show times to accommodate each dinner sitting, and certainly lots to keep you amused till the wee small hours. If anything, I would think the late sitting would not be as 'rushed' as we felt the first to be.....we like to have breaks between courses!...we knew they needed to get us all out to set up for the 8pm diners!

You'll have fun!

Cheers

Hi Stretts,

We always take the late dinner, gives plenty of time when in port to have that afternoon rest, get ready and have cocktails;) .

We just used to have a later lunch, around 1pm, and take some lovely patries from lunch back to the cabin for that afternoon snack:p

We asked for a table of 8, as like you we had our two teenagers and thought that one couple might feel a bit alienated. We were sat with two separate couples and they were fantastic! We still keep in contact with them.

Chez

As CheznAndy said there are tables of eight. The six table that we were at was a booth to seat four and then a twin table beside it with a gap. It was bolted to the floor so we couldn't even make it into one long table.

Kaseyoz and others have mentioned that a lot of the teen activities happen while 8pm dinner is on so they might miss out on those. Would imagine that that applies to the Star as well and not just the Sun.

It's true that with late sitting, the meal isn't as rushed - but that can sometimes be a bad thing.. on Pacific Sun they had two late sittings - one at 8.00 and one at 8.30. We were at latest sitting, and we found we were always late for the shows, which seemed to be geared for the 1st late sitting time. We were in the aft restaurant, which meant we had further to run as well!! We were always having to rush up to the showlounge to be there before the show started.

On Pacific Star it might not be so bad though with only one late sitting time.

It's true that with late sitting, the meal isn't as rushed - but that can sometimes be a bad thing.. on Pacific Sun they had two late sittings - one at 8.00 and one at 8.30. We were at latest sitting, and we found we were always late for the shows, which seemed to be geared for the 1st late sitting time. We were in the aft restaurant, which meant we had further to run as well!! We were always having to rush up to the showlounge to be there before the show started.

On Pacific Star it might not be so bad though with only one late sitting time.

Ah yes, how I remember those quick dashes from one end of the ship to other to secure a seat in the show lounge for the second show, made worse by having to go up a level or down a level to get past the Burgundy Dining Room. Oh well - at least it was a way of working off the 5 course meal eaten at 9.00 at night.

Kym

Archived