Which waterproof bag do you recommend?

foreva

I have ordered a few brands and finally found a waterproof bag that I LOVE. It is made by Akona. The others were ok, but this one has a backstrap and isn't all that big. We use it on Sunday's when we take a "ScubaLaura" day over to Water Island. Hasn't failed me yet!

Good question. We are going snorkeling on our upcoming cruise. We are looking to take some great underwater pictures while controling cost as much as we can. We're looking at everything from an underwater camera, camer housing or the camera bag. I'd love to hear about your experiences and suggestions!

Melgray, I bought this underwater digital camera from newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830192001 Its only $89. I would recommend buying the extra long life batteries though....about $7 for 2 as the camera will suck up the juice from regular batteries. If you want to see some pics I took with this camera go to http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557093277AHQCTA

sgetto,

I just looked at newegg.com. Unfortunately it doesnt look like they carrry it anymore. I did a google search " Pixtreme underwater camera" and saw some for just about the same price. I am not sure what the model # is, but its kind of like the model px2. I hope this helps.

A very good underwater bag is Aloksak. However, a camera in a waterproof bag is not a good idea. Even at shallow depths, many cameras can be either nonfunctional or damaged by water pressure even at relatively shallow depths, as well as risking a water leak ruining an expensive camera. Better to use an underwater housing. I use an inexpensive reuseable 35 mm camera in an underwater housing, available from many dive shops and even sold on NCL ships for $25. For a small extra fee, I get a CD in addition to prints when I get the film processed.

Archived