Visa to Jamaica?

dalitos

We will be arriving to FLL for an RCI Western Caribbean cruise at the end of February. :) We are not American citizens but of course we have a valid US tourist visa.

Our ports of call are Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay.

I know we don't need a visa to Mexico and the Cayman Islands, but I was reading online about some tournament being held in Jamaica, and their goverment decided to require a visa for travel between February and June I think. :(

I called RCI and they said that we don't need a visa, since we are arriving and leaving on the cruise, and staying only for a few hours.

Does anyone know about this, and can put my mind at ease? I worry that we may not be let off the ship in Jamaica! :eek:

(of course we could issue the visa, but besided the extra USD100 p/p it costs, we would have to mail them the paperwork + pics + passport, no way!)

Thank you.

If RCI says you don't need a visa, then the odds are you won't. RCI (and any other cruise line) should be up to speed on these sorts of things otherwise they are going to have a ship full of unhappy people if they aren't allowed off the ship! I am guessing that the visas are for people arriving by air only and who are actually staying on the island for a period of time, not cruisers who are there and gone in a matter of hours. If you're still concerned, call RCI again and see what someone else tells you. If you get the same answer, your good to go is my guess, or ask to speak to a supervisor who should be able to set your mind at ease. Good luck!

Happy Cruising :)

Barb

If RCI says you don't need a visa, then the odds are you won't. RCI (and any other cruise line) should be up to speed on these sorts of things otherwise they are going to have a ship full of unhappy people if they aren't allowed off the ship! I am guessing that the visas are for people arriving by air only and who are actually staying on the island for a period of time, not cruisers who are there and gone in a matter of hours. If you're still concerned, call RCI again and see what someone else tells you. If you get the same answer, your good to go is my guess, or ask to speak to a supervisor who should be able to set your mind at ease. Good luck!

Happy Cruising :)

Barb

Archived