Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum or Playa Mia?

WorkingMomNeedsaVacation

Thanks!

Just curious - is this a family-friendly beach? Were there many kids (mine are 13 and 15)? Did a lot of people overindulge with the drinks?

it just depends on the day and who has signed up. There was just one kid other than my 2 there on the day we were there. Which was fine with me, they had fun, but there were not too many to have to worry about the screaming and having sand flicked all over you...

Because it was unlimited drinks, there were 7-8 VERY happy people in the hot tub, including ME, but it wasn't so bad that I minded having my kids swimming in the pool.

AND the hot tub is ADULTS only! :)

Was there toplessness or nudity? :)

Unfortunately NOT!!!! There is alot of beach to work with, so if you wanted to, you could go off by yourself and do whatever. There really just aren't that many people there to care...

When we went, we were the only ones there and I wasn't topless! :D lol People had walked by from other beach resorts and everyone was wearing bathing suits. We didn't see any kids anywhere... but then again we were the only ones there. You could see other beach clubs in the distance that were really busy... but thats not what we wanted at all!

I would think that other beach clubs (like Playa Mia or Paradise Beach) would be better for kids. They have the water toys etc.

And even at the reduced rates, Playa or Paradise would be cheaper.

I have always thought of Nachi as being for the adult that wants to be away from kids. (that is just the impression I have gotten)

Another option...just what you needed...is Mr. Sanchos

It does not have as many water toys as Paradise Beach or Playa...but it does have a small pool. The food and drinks are good.

They did lose about 50 ft of beach width during Wilma but everything else should be operational.

loved the pictures! Especially on this frigidly cold Super Bowl Sunday

(high of 7 today:eek:). How much longer until tax season is over:confused:

Retired accountant here...I can sympathize!!

We are having a heat wave...it is suppose to get to the middle 40's today!!

We have some friends who are headed to Cozmuel and I thing Nachi would be a perfect fit for them....just a couple of questions to verify correct information.

They do have a swim up bar?

Can you get beach massages?

Thanks!

Could you please tell me the pros and cons of each? We are 8 adults looking for a clean, sandy beach where we can each pick what we would like to do. Some just want to lay in a beach chair with a drink, some want wave runners or snorkeling. Also, if you think there is a better beach club for us please let me know. Thanks for any info.

Hi,

I'm trying to make a decision too! I think that I've narrowed it down to Paradise Beach and Nachi Cocom. Our group includes me and DH (in our late 50's) and our kids ages 23, 22 and 21. Paradise Beach seems to have free admission as long as you buy food and drink. Between the 5 of us I can see us running up quite a bar and food bill. I hear that the food is good. There is not pool and at times it can be crowded. I know with the "kids" we won't be there when it opens.

It is my understanding that Nachi Cocom is private and charges a fee which included all you can eat and drink. It still will be expensive for 5amd I don't know if it is worth it. I think that I read that the food is just so-so. There is a pool (which looked beautiful in the picture( and is less crowded.

I need HELP!

Working mom,

Considering your guidelines, I think you would very much enjoy Paradise Beach.

As you mentioned, trampoline & ice burg for your 11 yo, and your 7yo could float around on a floating mat with or without a life jacket. Because of the water toys PB offers there are usually other children in that age range on the beach.

Can also confirm that the restrooms & shower areas at PB are extremely clean and well maintained. In fact EVERYTHING at PB is kept up immaculantly. You'll notice it from te time you pull into their circular drive.

"Working Mom" might also enjoy a beach massage. (a great stress reliever:-), followed by a short nap in a hamock beneath a swaying palm. (That's how I ended my day at PB. It truely WAS paradise.

Enjoy!

Annie

I will try to answer some of the questions posted!

They do have a swim up bar?

- This I am not sure, but another poster said they did. Also I see on there website that they do.

Can you get beach massages?

Yes, as soon as we got there, Manuel told us to let him know if we wanted to schedule any activities - massages included. There are two white "huts" on the beach for the massages.

do they have, or can you rent a floating water mat.

I don't think so. We didn't see any and we weren't offered one.

do you just go to island marketing with the normal before and after's of a web addy?

No... you can either google it. Or type in cozumelcruiseexcursions with the normal before and after. Nachi Cocom is listed "Cozumel Beach Break".

are there taxis readily available there at Nachi???

Well they aren't always sitting outside. But when we were ready to go, Manuel called a taxi for us and it arrived within 5-10 min. Or if you have a specific time you want to leave let him know before hand.

Can I go back yet?? :D

Playa Mia (never been there but from what I have read) ACTIVE - PARTY (sometimes described as a little over the top)

Lots of people and lots of kids...but also a lot to do.

Paradise Beach (I have been there a couple of times) ACTIVE - Not over the top Party but still fun. Not as crowded as Playa, but still lots to do.

No entry fee. Snorkeling from the beach will cost $9 per person (includes all the non motorized water toys) and additional activities that cost are available (jet skis, parasail, banana boat etc.) They do expect you to eat/drink at least $10 per person.

Playa Uvas (never been there, but from what I have read) Less Active - more adult and laid back. Snorkeling and kayaking available (I don't know the cost) Less kids and less crowded

Nachi Cocom (never been there ) All inclusive (was $69 a person, but I have read of people getting it for $49 a person ~ you must make internet reservations) The least Active...very Adult. Swim up bar, good food and good drinks all included. I would not expect to see a lot of kids here.

Mr. Sanchos: (I have been there several times) Similar to Paradise - no entry fee. I have not been back since Wilma...so I am not certain of their amenities. Food and drinks were good the last time we were there. Same number of adults and kids ratio as Paradise Beach.

All beach clubs require that you provide your own transportation to and from. More taxis than sand...so no problem getting one to and from the ship.

It can run anywhere from $12 - 15 one way for 4 people.

Hope these suggestions help.

Archived