Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum or Playa Mia?

WorkingMomNeedsaVacation

How deep is the incline? Would it be fine for a little older children around 8 or 9 years old?

Thank you,

David

The incline would be fine for 8 or 9 year olds. The incline was from about my calves to my lower hips (I'm 5'5"). It's not a drop-off, just an incline but the slight under-tow would make me a little nervous with a 3-yr-old. That being said, it would be fine if I was sitting right at the edge of the water and they had a lifevest or such on. It's funny because the water is so calm and crystal clear, you wouldn't think there would be any undertow. It's nothing an adult couldn't easily walk through, just maybe more difficult for the little ones.

We leave this Saturday and will be in Cozumel on the 27th of Feb! I'm excited to experience a day at Nachi Cocom. We made our reservations and received our confirmation quite easily thru Island marketing. Does anyone know if they have their own t-shirts? Do they have their own little gift shop?

I've checked the weather daily now and it seems to be getting better each time I look! Our last cruise this past October was about the worst weather so far, so we are looking forward to some sunshine!

Anyone else going to be at Nachi the same day?

I didn't see any t-shirts or gift shop areas there. It's not a very commercial, tourist-y type place.

Also, someone mentioned whether it is rain or shine. When I inquired about Nachi back in Dec, I specifically asked what would happen if it was downpouring when we got there. They told me they would refund our deposit if the weather was that bad. Another poster said they have "rain or shine" on the website now. Maybe they have changed their policy? Might be worth asking.

Wow, you all talked me into Nachi! Sounds like exactly what I am looking for! Only question ... so if there is a 100 person limit, do they stop taking reservations once they hit 100? That way, I know if I make a reservation I know I will get in.

Thats what they say...

I just got back from our trip and I have to let everyone know what a fabulous place Nachi Cocom is. The location is beautiful, exclusive and perfect for anyone to enjoy. The pool is wonderful, the hot tub is perfect! They can arrange any kind of excursion from parasailing to scuba, snorkeling out on the reef, massage....you name it. The staff is top notch. They all seemed to be able to memorize what your drink preferences were and have the next one ready before you knew you needed it. The food was better than any I've had in Cozumel and the drinks were strong and delicious!!! We had a group of 9 and were tempted to let the ship go without us. It is paradise and should not be missed. I have been to several other beach clubs on Cozumel and this one is so far superior it is ridiculous. At $79 dollars a day it's a great deal...at the $49 we paid it's an absolute steal. Don't miss your opportunity for the best day to be spent on Cozumel!!!!

Do you have to make a reservation aheadh of time, or can you just take a taxi there and get the $49 deal?

We were there last week and it is AWESOME. They were very accomodating and there were about 40 people there. It was very comfortable. I especially enjoyed the covered patio for lunch. The water was a bit chilly...but it was February. Wave Runners were $60.00 for 30 minutes and I highly recommend it! My daughter got her hair braided while we were there and my 18 month old son was treated like a king by all of the staff. Two thumbs up and an A+ on this one!!!

My husband and I will be in Cozumel over spring break. We had originally planned on going to Paradise Beach. We were there last February and really enjoyed it. However, after reading all these rave reviews of Nachi Cocom we changed our minds and booked it instead. I can't wait!! It sounds like so much fun and the pictures look GREAT!! :)

My husband and I will be in Cozumel over spring break. We had originally planned on going to Paradise Beach. We were there last February and really enjoyed it. However, after reading all these rave reviews of Nachi Cocom we changed our minds and booked it instead. I can't wait!! It sounds like so much fun and the pictures look GREAT!! :)

Everyone please quit talking about Nachi Cocom. I am going there next month and want to be the only one there! :D

Does anyone know if you can book Playa Mia ahead of time without going through the cruise lines? I have been to their website, but their reservations appear to be down.

Nachi sounds great, but as we have a 7 year old and a 5 year old, looks like we will have to do with a kid-friendly place.

Does anyone know if you can book Playa Mia ahead of time without going through the cruise lines? I have been to their website, but their reservations appear to be down.

Nachi sounds great, but as we have a 7 year old and a 5 year old, looks like we will have to do with a kid-friendly place.

I have read a few people tried to contact them thru email, with no response. You can take a cab there and pay when you arrive.

Just booked Nachi for May 2. I am soo excited.

Does anyone know if Para Sailing is offered there? I know the wave runners are.

I don't remember seeing waverunners there. Then again, I wasn't looking for them. Parasailing isn't offered from the beach but they can arrange for you to go from another beach. This isn't an activity-filled beach resort. It's very very calm. No waverunners zipping by or anything like that.

Originally Posted by rccoble viewpost.gif

Yes you can, I was in Cozumel and booked Playa Mia through a tour company called Shoretrips.com. Their price is only $49.00 for the all inclusive. It was by far cheeper than going through Carnival.. we just paid for a taxi to and from and we were able to come and go at our own time.

I'll try to paste the link to them on here for you.

Welcome to ShoreTrips® - Your Guide to Shore Excursions - COZUMEL

They are listed under be active, Get Wet as Fun-N Sun on the Beach..... hope this helps out,

Jim

I received and email from Playa Mia yesterday and they said about 15.00 for 4 people for a cab each way. I think that's about what we paid for going to Paradise and Mr. Sanchos in the past.

I have read a few people tried to contact them thru email, with no response. You can take a cab there and pay when you arrive.

Maybe Playa Mia's website was down. I emailed them Tuesday and got a reply by Wednesday morning with a long list of activities and prices.

Maybe Playa Mia's website was down. I emailed them Tuesday and got a reply by Wednesday morning with a long list of activities and prices.

Actually their web site was up, but a few were saying that they did not get a return email, possibly they have resolved the issue.

Would anyone know the cost of a cab ride to playa mia from the port? Is it closer than paradise beach? Thanks for input........:D

Paya mia is a little further south than Paradise, as the other person said depending on the pier around $15 one way for up to four.

Kenf333, have you been to Playa Mia? If so, what do you think of it?

I have never been there, I did consider the ship tour with them but even though I do drink I found the cost hard to justify.

I have only seen pics of it, but the beach loungers look uncomfortable, I personally think that since they do sell to the ships, that they would be real busy.

Kenf333

I agree with you.

This trip is really for our son and his friend, so "busy" is what we are looking for this time. They would be bored silly if we had a place to ourselves. Last summer my dh and I flew to Cozumel and stayed at Occidental Grand and it was wonderful! We rented a jeep and drove around the island stopping at all the empty beaches. It was great!

I was actually going to take my son and his friends myself but then my DH felt like he was ready for a trip too. Spring Break here we come!

Kenf333

I agree with you.

This trip is really for our son and his friend, so "busy" is what we are looking for this time. They would be bored silly if we had a place to ourselves. Last summer my dh and I flew to Cozumel and stayed at Occidental Grand and it was wonderful! We rented a jeep and drove around the island stopping at all the empty beaches. It was great!

I was actually going to take my son and his friends myself but then my DH felt like he was ready for a trip too. Spring Break here we come!

Read up on Paradise beach, it is a good mix of both.

OK after all the reviews Nachi Cocom it is!!!! It sounds perfect for my DH and I. Anyone going on 3-30-07, we will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas! I have a question, where do you get the cab and what if they say they don't go there like I saw on another thread?? Is is hard to get a ride back to ship?? Also I notice they give you a set price for the ride? What is the average? Do they try to take advantage? Do they supply towels? Any tips would be greatly appreciated this is our first cruise!! Thank you all so much, it sounds like heaven, any pictures you can post????

Lori:)

OK after all the reviews Nachi Cocom it is!!!! It sounds perfect for my DH and I. Anyone going on 3-30-07, we will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas! I have a question, where do you get the cab and what if they say they don't go there like I saw on another thread?? Is is hard to get a ride back to ship?? Also I notice they give you a set price for the ride? What is the average? Do they try to take advantage? Do they supply towels? Any tips would be greatly appreciated this is our first cruise!! Thank you all so much, it sounds like heaven, any pictures you can post????

Lori:)

Plenty of taxis at the pier, if one says they won't the next one should. Most beach clubs have taxis available for the return trip. Others will have to help you with the cost, as I do not know that.

Archived