Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum or Playa Mia?

WorkingMomNeedsaVacation

Thanks everyone. I still can't decide, but I guess I really can't make a "bad" decision. Just to keep it interesting, anyone been to San Fransisco beach? I think that is next door to Paradise Beach and has a pool. But does it have the trampoline and iceberg? I'm getting so confused!

They offer all inclusive however the trampline and iceberg belong to paradise. My sons tried to go over anyway and were told NO by the swim police :D They have a pool, we loved our chairs and umbrella included and the server was great, my bucket was always filled with ice and drinks

They offer all inclusive however the trampline and iceberg belong to paradise. My sons tried to go over anyway and were told NO by the swim police :D They have a pool, we loved our chairs and umbrella included and the server was great, my bucket was always filled with ice and drinks

Did they purchase the bracelet?

See you there Michelle, doesn't it sound wonderful? From what people say the service is outstanding! I just hope its easy to get there! I got my confirmation today so now hurry March 30! Its just my husband and myself, my girls are staying home. Plus the limit is 100! Perfect size!

We can't wait :)

Lori

See you there Michelle, doesn't it sound wonderful? From what people say the service is outstanding! I just hope its easy to get there! I got my confirmation today so now hurry March 30! Its just my husband and myself, my girls are staying home. Plus the limit is 100! Perfect size!

We can't wait :)

Lori

Plenty of taxi's at the pier get the price up front get in and no worries, the ride back may be the challange after an all inclusive day, lol!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
OK after all the reviews Nachi Cocom it is!!!! It sounds perfect for my DH and I. Anyone going on 3-30-07, we will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas! I have a question, where do you get the cab and what if they say they don't go there like I saw on another thread?? Is is hard to get a ride back to ship?? Also I notice they give you a set price for the ride? What is the average? Do they try to take advantage? Do they supply towels? Any tips would be greatly appreciated this is our first cruise!! Thank you all so much, it sounds like heaven, any pictures you can post????

Lori:)

We did Nachi Cocom last week. We made advance reservations through Island Marketing. Our ship (constellation) kept to local time so we got off around 10:30 am and took a cab at the International Pier. Our confirmation stated that we should bring our own towels. The cab ride over was $14 plus tip; the return was $15? At that time we had our pick of palapas and lounge chairs. It was a lovely, quiet beach. The service was fantastic--Carlos was always available for Coronas and rum punch! The lunch was very good--we went with local foods--nachos, guacamoli, quesadillas, enchalidas--but others tried the fish--grouper when we were there--and raved about it. The cabs are lined up on the entrance road and when we were ready to leave, Carlos hailed a cab which arrived instantly. We did notice that other parties did not have the "all inclusive" bracelets which we were given. Apparently you can enter this beach for a $5 fee and run a tab for what you wish to drink or eat. Our all-inclusive worked better for us!

• 11 months later...

From all the posts, looks like Nachi-Cocum sounds good for DH, DS and his girlfriend in early May. We'll be on the Fascination and I'm worried about the time it takes to get off ship/get cab from some recent posts. Also, DH doesn't drink, is there a way for him to pay less? Any tips appreciated, Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Considering this for 4 adults Ecstasy in port 11/13/08

Do they offer snorkeling excursions to the reefs or is it only shore snorkeling.

What are the water activities...waverunner, etc.

Massages?

I want a nice relaxing day on a white sandy, blue water beach with a drink in one hand and nothing but the sound of waves in my ears. It is my DH that wants the snorkeling and water toys.

I did Playa Mia last month on my Carnival Inspiration cruise. Since this was a Boys trip it worked out ok for us. I found the locals that work in thier shops (for which you have to pass, A bit pushy) But nothing we could not handle but could be a bother to others. I am returning to Cozumel in August (I know, Sunburn city:D ) with my son and have booked a reservation @ Nachi Cocom for the day. While Playa Mia was nice enough, After all the ships started to unload and tender the Beach got VERY crowded ! I would prefer a quiet more relaxed setting for my son and myself to enjoy our day. We will rent a jet ski and use the pool I'm sure. We are both looking forward to it.. Happy cruising to all !!

Do they offer snorkeling excursions to the reefs or is it only shore snorkeling.

Massages?

I want a nice relaxing day on a white sandy, blue water beach with a drink in one hand and nothing but the sound of waves in my ears. It is my DH that wants the snorkeling and water toys.

I will be going in 18 days - and will let you know how it was.

Right now it is my understanding that there will be waverunners, banana boats, parasailing, etc. all available, at a cost. You can snorkel from the beach all you want but I think there is a boat that you can hook up with and will take you out to 2 or 3 reefs. I'm assuming you should get there early so that you can book this boat - that is what I am hoping to do. I think the more people that go, the cheaper the cost!

Oh yeah, there is massage too :D

Can't wait!!

Massages?

Just got back - did NC last Tuesday. It was great! Just as everyone had described. Jetski rentals and parasailing were available. We booked parasailing, but they had to cancel due to high wind. Jetskis, banana boat and snorkeling all were able to go without a problem. Massages were available, but I did nothing but lounge with my (many) drinks all day. Luncheon was very good - loved the homemade salsa and guacamole. It was great to have peace and quiet. Even though there were 6 ships in port, there were probably 60 people at NC that day. When we drove past Paradise Beach and Playa Mia, both were packed. Lots of buses in their parking lots.

Highly recommend Nachi Cocum if you want a totally laid back, peaceful beach day.

When we drove past Paradise Beach and Playa Mia, both were packed. Lots of buses in their parking lots.

No buses go to Paradise beach, and it would be kinda hard to see parking area from the roadway.

Whats a good deal for one of the activity filled beaches? Its just me and DH but he wants activity:rolleyes: so im not sure whats a good beach:confused:

Thanks

BTW we will be there in June and leaving the kids home:D

Paradise Beach is a great bet, by june it wont be high season and should allow you the best of both worlds.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Everything is included in the price...use of pool, chairs, food (3 course meal, although we've always been too full for dessert), unlimited drinks, etc. The only thing not included in the $49 are the massages and the snorkeling, parasailing, etc.

It's our fave place in Cozumel, we go every cruise!:D

Archived