Tequila Beach ? Massage, deepsea fishing, parasal?

sharecruises

HI...

I have read that people buy the Tequila beach pass at the port for $25 instead of $35 online??

I see some pictures, thanks Zydecocruiser, that looks like the costa-maya-tour people...the "blue butterfly" and also the mayahual tours people in the booth next to them...LOL

Is this where you buy them cheaper?? I am thinking of a package deal for all the stuff we want to do

Has anyone been able to get in on a deep sea fishing charter, 3 or 4 hours, as a single passenger, my BF wants to do this, and I really don't cause we go fishing enough here as it is LOL> I want to lay on the beach, get a massage, and maybe parasail

They have signs for "deep sea" fishing so I am thinking maybe he can "join" a group or ???

Also, again...how are the massages at Tequila??

How is the food...is it buffet?? Chips, salsa, guac, cheese quesadillas, and??? How are the drinks...any to reccomend??

Their website says the fishers get beer, water and sodas, and then can use Tequila Beach when they get back, with discount on the drinks/food...

also some say they will grill the fish they catch for a small fee (*if they catch any haha) and we could eat that with tortillas or whatever

Anyone fished here?? I hear the fishing trips thru Carnival are not very good....this one looks good

The packages offer a locker, so is it easy to lock up stuff and leave for a bit and wander down the beach to shop, check out other places etc??

I would like to check out the Cat's Meow and some shops etc....

are massages good at Tequila or should I wander down to the town?

Thanks in advance for any help on the questions..

Thanks also to Zydecocruiser who posted these cool pics of the "tour desks" in the port,

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/post_cruise/tours.htm

apparently the "emergency exits" are right near here too haha....go out here, get ticket for bus, and get on bus, Tequila is first stop...whew

Thanks very much in advance for help on this

If you want to make reservations in advance for Tequila Beach...go to their website...mention to them that you are a cruise critic member and that you want the cruise critic discount!! Otto is the manager's name!

Will be there next week!! Can't wait....

Thanks Ianmisty !

I emailed otto info@*****.com and he emailed right back, seems really nice, he also told me about the CCM discount...thanks again!

I am putting a deposit for Jim to fish , join a group or ?? Hopefully some members of our "roll call" will join in, I may have to fish <sigh>

Otto says they will cook fish caught for $5...pretty neat, and he says they "usually" catch fish...of course I have seen plenty of the "one that got away" haha...

I am going to go with this one for the "beach break", drinks, mexican snacks buffet etc, lounger, locker, etc....hopefully he will find some others to fish with him...we will see

I was very very impressed with Otto, I emailed him late last night, and reply was there this afternoon, tho many people have said how "bad" the internet is in Costa Maya, maybe things are picking up!

HAVE A SUPER CRUISE...PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT AND ALSO HOW THE PORTS WERE !! TEQUILA BEACH INFO ESPECIALLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS AGAIN!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had an excellent time at Tequila Beach...Otto was fantastic...we did get a locker and walked through town and stopped by the cat's meow because some of our friends were there...not much of a beach there though...the beach at Tequila beach was large and sandy...we took a snorkel tour from their pier and saw lots of fish and even a sting ray!! Hope you have a great time!!

Archived