Has anyone brought two buck chuck to the dining room on board?

flagger

I first shopped Trader Joe's in California and heard about two buck chuck wine. Couldn't believe that it wouldn't taste like vinegar, but was pleasantly surprised. Not a fancy wine, but quite acceptable. I had one rather snobbish wine enthusiast tell me that the Charles Shaw chardonnay is as good as or better than a $12 bottle of Kendall-Jackson chardonnay. The TJ stores in Arizona are not allowed to sell liquor, but they can here in New Mexico. We bought a few cases of "Chuck" as well as other more expensive wines for our 50th wedding anniversary celebration and we ran out of the "Chuck" wine before anything else.

The first TJ's in New Mexico was built in Santa Fe a few years ago and it was a mob scene every time we got a car pool together to make the 60 mile drive from here in Albuquerque to Santa Fe. Finally, a few months ago, we got our own store and it is still crowded with happy customers who have found better prices than Wild Oats and Whole Foods, and alot of unusual items under TJ's own label. And the store staff are some of the most pleasant people I have ever met. Sure beats the local "super"markets!!

I told DW about this 2 Buck Chuck, and apparently its even cheaper than what it costs us to make our own wine, so...

obviously its not available in good ol' rip-us-off-on-booze-prices-Canada, but maybe we'll look for it Maryland come June.

Does anyone know if its avail. in Baltimore or Annapolis and if so what stores carry it?

I told DW about this 2 Buck Chuck, and apparently its even cheaper than what it costs us to make our own wine, so...

obviously its not available in good ol' rip-us-off-on-booze-prices-Canada, but maybe we'll look for it Maryland come June.

Does anyone know if its avail. in Baltimore or Annapolis and if so what stores carry it?

If you go to a MD store, they don't carry alcohol - some state law. You have to go to a wine store/liquer store to buy wine :( We go to the one in Alexandria, it's only a little store but carries the wine as it's in DC.

If you go to a MD store, they don't carry alcohol - some state law. You have to go to a wine store/liquer store to buy wine :( We go to the one in Alexandria, it's only a little store but carries the wine as it's in DC.

Thanks, ciderapple.

Well don't forget that we are not strangers to prohibitive liquor sales. Our beer is only sold through provincially operated beer stores, and ALL liquor is only sold through government run stores, put up where they see fit, and hours that they see fit to operate in. Oh yeah, and did I mention the prices? :rolleyes:

It makes the liquor prices on the cruise ship seem like a STEAL!!

Anywho, we will definately look up Alexandria on our map for our drive down this summer.

Archived