upgrade chances up or down

crewsin250

Don't know if this is the same cruise or not, we are on the coastal cruise and I did notice that all of the inside cabins are booked. That is what we have. I wanted to book a guarantee but they were all taken. I asked about moving up to a outside cabin with obstructed view but our TA said he had told Norwegian that if an upgrade became possible we would appreciate anything they might consider in an upgrade. Is it possible to get an upgrade if you did not book a

guarantee? If it is not a consideration, I am tempted to call Norwegian and ask how much extra this would be. If there is a chance, then I might just let the cards fall where they will. I will still have a great time.

Carol

Well I just got through talking with NCL they say there are upgrades avaliable but being I went through a internet travel agent. The T A has to make this happen, I have left several messages (phone and e-mail) with my TA (William Long) in the past concerning (upgrades) with no reply. So I contacted customer service with this company and they said they would investagate it. Patiently Waiting Paul

I was told the same thing when I called the reacommodation desk at NCL about needing to talk to my TA. I read on the boards to be persistent that it really depends on who you talk to. I called back and spoke to a different agent and she sold me an upgrade for $100 per person more and contacted my TA with a conference call with all three of us and made the changes. It worked out really well. Good luck!

Is it possible to get an upgrade if you did not book a

guarantee? If it is not a consideration, I am tempted to call Norwegian and ask how much extra this would be. If there is a chance, then I might just let the cards fall where they will.

Carol

Last year we booked on the Wind in a Category CC and a specific cabin number. When we checked in we were advised that we have been upgraded.

I have called the reaccommodation desk about 2 weeks before and was advised there were no upgrades for sale as the ship was fully booked. I was very suprised when we received the upgrade at check in to an AB (Penthouse) at no additional cost.

The internet TA was willing to get me a upgrade. But it would cost me more money than if I went online and booked the CAT right now, through them. I will keep trying though. Thanks everyone for the support and help on this issue. Living and Learning Paul

laodell thanks for the advise, I did exactly what you said and called back to NCL and got upgraded to CAT BA through a different agent. Cost a little more than I was planning on paying but I was not going to miss the oppurtuity to have a balcony in Alaska. I could see my TA was not going to help me, and I still got it cheaper than what he had it for. Thanks Everyone!! (Happy Cruiser) Paul

Archived