B2B Question

Shogun

Hi Folks,

When folk in the US talk about a back to back cruise do they mean two 5 day or two 7 day cruises, or two 12 day cruises.

It just that being from UK back to back to me means 24 or 28 nights on the ship.

yours Shogun

It means two cruises taken one right after the other. It makes no difference the length of either cruise. It can be on the same ship, or even two different ships. It just means one right after the other one without going home inbetween.

Over on this side of the the Pond, B2B simply means two cruise taken one after the other, usually on the same ship if two different itineraries are offered. I've seen people referring to two different ships' cruises as back to back if the second start on disembarkation day of the first. It could be any length of cruise time.

My husband and I just booked a back to back for next jan. 08. It just means two cruises. One following the other. For example; We will be on the Princess Crown doing the souther caribbean out of San Juan. The first week we are doing one itinerary (the "explorer") with 5 ports of call then we come back in to San Juan and we more or less stay on the ship and go out again for another 7 day cruise but a different itinerary (the "classic") with 5 more ports of call. So a total of 14 days altogether. We booked early enough so we were lucky enough to stay in the same cabin for both weeks. We won't have to pack up and move to another cabin. The way I understand it, we will be walked off the ship and turn around and go back on. We then have the ship almost to our selves till the new passengers come aboard or we can leave the ship and tour around San Juan for the day if we want as long as we are back on the ship in time to leave port at 11pm. I hope I explained it properly. We have never done a back to back before so hope ALL my facts are right. :D

Hi Folks,

The reason I was asking is that I have booked cruises with Princess using they chartered flights from UK for 14 day cruises to find that they are made up of two US 7 day cruises.

Its just that I expect a cruise to be two weeks in length either 12 days on ship with two days travel or 14 nights with over night flights etc.

I under stand that US holiday system is different and that 1 week holidays are more common for you.

Its just that this year I will go on holiday for christmas on the afternoon of the 21rst Dec and return to work on the 4th of Feb so my back to back cruise will be 25 days

yours Shogun

Archived