Table size on Pacific Star

stretts

Thanks for the replies regarding first or second dinner seating.Have my travel agent e-mailing me as to whether we want a 6 or 8 seat table?? We are a family of four, kids 14 and 17 what do we do?? All these choices and I haven't even got to picking shore tours to please everyone.....

Does anyone know whether tey try to put families with kids together??

Stretts, I'd ask for a table of 8. There are 4 of you so the chances are they will try and match you with another similar family of 4 to make up the table of 8. If you ask for a table of 6 then you will likely end up with another (childless) couple sharing the table, which may not work out as well. We are on R706 leaving on the 3rd Feb and we have asked for the late sitting and a table of 8 for this very reason. Our two "children" are aged 20 and 17. Chances are (as happened the last two times) our 17 year old son will only sit still long enough to eat his meal then he'll be off like a rocket to join in other activities......

Which cruise are you on?

Stretts, I'd ask for a table of 8. There are 4 of you so the chances are they will try and match you with another similar family of 4 to make up the table of 8. If you ask for a table of 6 then you will likely end up with another (childless) couple sharing the table, which may not work out as well. We are on R706 leaving on the 3rd Feb and we have asked for the late sitting and a table of 8 for this very reason. Our two "children" are aged 20 and 17. Chances are (as happened the last two times) our 17 year old son will only sit still long enough to eat his meal then he'll be off like a rocket to join in other activities......

Which cruise are you on?

Thanks so much for the advice.We are on R715 14th April

Just so your son is prepared ~ Lunch and dinner in the dinning room are 5 or 6 courses. If he decides to have only a main course, be prepared to sit and wait through the soup, appertisers & entree of all the others in the dinning room before he gets his main course served with everyone elses.

The kitchen is run like a well oil assembly line ~ with only one course being available at a time.

Tell your son to order up big and enjoy the time together ~ it's probably the only tiem you will have to catch up with each other during the day.

Have fun

Archived