Carnival Cruise Club?

Sterling30D

We are members as well and we love the perks. The service has just been outstanding from embarkation to debarkation for both staffed and unstaffed ships.

My only question is when we bought ours it was for 3 years and not 5. So is it now 5 years or did you do the extension?

We ended up buying the platinum package which came with the extended two years making a total of five and also came with free insurance on any cruise we book. We were able to take advantage of the two parties they had on the Pride and we had a great time talking to other club members and drinking free.

We live in California. that isn't one of those states that doesn't allow you to "rent" extra points is it?

We ended up buying the platinum package which came with the extended two years making a total of five and also came with free insurance on any cruise we book. We were able to take advantage of the two parties they had on the Pride and we had a great time talking to other club members and drinking free.

We live in California. that isn't one of those states that doesn't allow you to "rent" extra points is it?

I was told the cruises came with free insurance when I signed up. That was one of the reasons that persuaded me. When I tried to book a cruise with free insurance they told me they didn't do that. Have you actually booked a cruise yet with free insurance?

I have booked 2 cruises since I signed up with them but both times I went directly with Carnival as it was less expensive even when using 17.5 cents a point instead of the 25 cents we paid.

I am hoping to use the points when my schedule is more flexible (when I don't have to go in the school holidays). Maybe it will be a better deal then.

I was told the cruises came with free insurance when I signed up. That was one of the reasons that persuaded me. When I tried to book a cruise with free insurance they told me they didn't do that. Have you actually booked a cruise yet with free insurance?

I have booked 2 cruises since I signed up with them but both times I went directly with Carnival as it was less expensive even when using 17.5 cents a point instead of the 25 cents we paid.

I am hoping to use the points when my schedule is more flexible (when I don't have to go in the school holidays). Maybe it will be a better deal then.

kkaren, my wife and sister-in-law got off of the Paradise on a three day to Encinada (sp) last Monday. She booked through CVC and was able to get the free insurance. We were told that the free insurance is only available if you signed up for the platinum package.

Wennfred: What is the Specialty Supper Club?

We are members as well and we love the perks. The service has just been outstanding from embarkation to debarkation for both staffed and unstaffed ships.

My only question is when we bought ours it was for 3 years and not 5. So is it now 5 years or did you do the extension?

when we bought ours, we bought the lowest package, whatever that is, and we get the perks for 5 years.

My sister lives in Wa. state and I live in AZ. We own the CVC together. When I had to rent the points they said we couldn't rent points because our account was in WA. so I told them to change the address to mine and then we were able to rent the points. Go figure.

For new CVC members while onboard, make sure you book with your concierge first because they will get you the discounts. 25% off on Spas. They say Port days only but if you book with your concierge they will get you the discounts while at sea also. Also have them book your Specialty Supper Club. If they mess up and forget, they will throw in 50.00 Onboard Credit. Customer Service while dealing with them on the phone is Great.

If you go down to Shore Excursions and they tell you its all booked or sold out, just call your concierge and they will get you tickets. We have first priority over everyone else for these.

I will be booking Hawaii for 2008 so Im glad to know that they will post the resorts in Sept. I will write about that whole experience when I get there.

Fred

Do you know how to get the discount on ships that don't have Concierge service on them? And I think the excursions thing is priority WAITLIST, not necessarily that you will get the tickets.

Do you know how to get the discount on ships that don't have Concierge service on them? And I think the excursions thing is priority WAITLIST, not necessarily that you will get the tickets.

Actually, I was told by the CVC employee who sold us the package that they already know how many VIP members will be on the ship and reserve tickets for all VIP guests for all shore excursions. At some time before the ship reaches port the unclaimed tickets are released back to the shore excursion desk and offered to guests on the wait lists.

kkaren, my wife and sister-in-law got off of the Paradise on a three day to Encinada (sp) last Monday. She booked through CVC and was able to get the free insurance. We were told that the free insurance is only available if you signed up for the platinum package.

Wennfred: What is the Specialty Supper Club?

Thats just the Supper Club you pay 30.00 per person, on some ships its Davids, Harrys, Scarletts etc. Erase the Speciality.

Fred

Simple, on ships that do not have CVC onboard, just go to the Platinum Desk at the Pursers Office, they will help you there.

Fred

Im going back in April on the Spirit where I first got my Silver Membership, I will ask about this Free Insurance deal, I didnt know, must be a new thing and also about the waitlist, Anyone can get on the Waitlist, I was told someone else will be bumpped from the excursions since we have full priority. Again I will ask again once onboard.

Fred

I copied this from the CVC website.

Look under the priority shore excursions. I was right. Priority Waitlist. I thought I read that someplace. header-onboard.gifYour Cruise Points entitle you to select privileges, such as VIP Check-in, Member Hospitality Services at the Carnival Vacation Club Desk and other onboard amenities, including Private Receptions. Please remember to carry your member card with you while onboard your Carnival cruise to identify yourself as a member.

Other fabulous onboard amenities include:

VIP Check-in*

When available, you will have a separate line at check-in designated by a sign for Carnival Vacation Club Members.

Welcome Aboard Gift

To welcome you aboard, a special gift will be delivered to your room on embarkation day.

dining.jpgPrivate Receptions**

Attend a private cocktail reception or other exclusive social events for Carnival Vacation Club Members.

Member Hospitality Services at the Carnival Vacation Club Desk to

Book Activities and Entertainment

You will have a private consultant to assist you in booking priority waitlist shore excursions, preferred dining room seating, advanced priority reservations for the reservations-only supper club and spa appointments.

Priority Shore Excursions1

Priority waitlist on sold-out excursions. Book reservations though your private consultant.

image3.jpgSpa Discounts2

Save up to 25% off spa services on port days. Book reservations through your private consultant.

Advance Reservations for Supper Club1

Book reservations through your private consultant and receive preferred seating and priority waitlist status. - not available on all ships

Priority Dining Room Seating1

Receive priority status for early or late dining and preferred table locations.

Priority Debarkation†

There will be early debarkation available for all Carnival Vacation Club Members. Until debarkation begins, relax in the Debarkation Lounge.

Debarkation Lounge†

Relax in the Debarkation Lounge with other Carnival Vacation Club Members on the day of debarkation.

Please note if you purchased a cruise without your Cruise Points you must contact Carnival Vacation Club to ensure your onboard benefits are extended.

Learn more about:

Family and Friends Benefits

Member Benefits

Carnival Vacation Club FAQ

* VIP Check-in is available in New York, Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Miami, San Juan, Mobile, New Orleans, Galveston, Ensenada, San Diego, Los Angeles and Rome.

** Available on Carnival Vacation Club staffed ships only. Carnival Conquest, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Valor and Carnival Glory.

1 Must be requested prior to sailing date.

2 Subject to available appointment times while ship is in port.

† Carnival Vacation Club staffed ships priority debarkation – members will receive Priority Tags and a letter outlining special debarkation. In debarkation lounge, members will be directed to a special Carnival Vacation Club lounge with continental breakfast.

Non- Carnival Vacation Club staffed ships, priority debarkation will be the same as early flight guests.

Please remember to carry your member card with you while onboard your Carnival cruise to identify yourself as a member.

Managed and sold by Solutions at Sea. "Carnival," "Carnival Vacation Club" and other Carnival Cruise Lines trademarks and logos are used by Solutions at Sea under license from Carnival Cruise Lines. Solutions at Sea is not an agent for, affiliated or in partnership with, Carnival Cruise Lines.

Wow, that is nice to get free insurance, we bought the lowest package and were not told that, is this a newly added benifit? Anyway, we really like the perks so far and the sensation cruise was very cheap in points.

We were able to take advantage of the two parties they had on the Pride

Did i also read correctly that there were two CVC parties on the Pride?

Wow, that is nice to get free insurance, we bought the lowest package and were not told that, is this a newly added benifit? Anyway, we really like the perks so far and the sensation cruise was very cheap in points.

Not sure if it is a "new" benefit or how long they have been offering it. We were told that you are able to purchase the insurance through CVC for an additional $180 dollars ( I think that was the cost but don't quote me :) ) with the silver and gold package and that it is free with the platinum.

Did i also read correctly that there were two CVC parties on the Pride?

Yes, there were two parties on the Pride for CVC members. The first one was a small get together in the Starry Night club. They gave out free margaritas and chips and salsa. The second one was in the bar above the Starry Night club I believe it's the Ivory Piano Bar. This party was an open bar with hors d'oeuvre's much like the ones in the picture that Wennfred posted. We recieved invites to both events along with chocolate covered strawberries.

For new CVC members while onboard, make sure you book with your concierge first because they will get you the discounts. 25% off on Spas. They say Port days only but if you book with your concierge they will get you the discounts while at sea also. Also have them book your Specialty Supper Club. If they mess up and forget, they will throw in 50.00 Onboard Credit. Customer Service while dealing with them on the phone is Great.

If you go down to Shore Excursions and they tell you its all booked or sold out, just call your concierge and they will get you tickets. We have first priority over everyone else for these.

I will be booking Hawaii for 2008 so Im glad to know that they will post the resorts in Sept. I will write about that whole experience when I get there.

Fred

great advice once you get onbaord go right to the CVC area (on the ships that have them, I am hoping they will be on the liberty this summer)

they got us 25% off the couples massage that very night (great way to start the cruise) they will gove you some champagne, have them book your excursions & dinner reservations ( they will also help clear any mistakes (like friends who didnt make it to your dinner table when you were supposed to be all seated together)

Now WENNFRED

I know that you are the "resident expert" whats the secret to the resort stays....I cant ever find a week that isnt clear across the country when we have a week avail to go....also have you ever done the inclusives...how much extra was the inclusive part???

thanx

June

Now WENNFRED

I know that you are the "resident expert" whats the secret to the resort stays....I cant ever find a week that isnt clear across the country when we have a week avail to go....also have you ever done the inclusives...how much extra was the inclusive part???

thanx

June

Hi June, thanks for the message, We are still NEWBIES :D when it comes to using those Land short certificates. Someone posted above that Sept. 1st is when they put them on the website. We are planning to use ours earily 2008, we are going to go to Hawaii. hopefully Oahu since Wendy has never been there. When we break open the first Certificate, I will write a full report on everything.

Fred

Hi June, thanks for the message, We are still NEWBIES :D when it comes to using those Land short certificates. Someone posted above that Sept. 1st is when they put them on the website. We are planning to use ours earily 2008, we are going to go to Hawaii. hopefully Oahu since Wendy has never been there. When we break open the first Certificate, I will write a full report on everything.

Fred

I'm looking VERY forward to reading that review.

[quote name='june1300']great advice once you get onbaord go right to the CVC area (on the ships that have them, I am hoping they will be on the liberty this summer)
they got us 25% off the couples massage that very night (great way to start the cruise) they will gove you some champagne, have them book your excursions & dinner reservations ( they will also help clear any mistakes (like friends who didnt make it to your dinner table when you were supposed to be all seated together)

Now WENNFRED
thanx
June[/quote]
Well I am not Wennfred but I do have some answers for you.
They say you can book your resort stay up to six months in advance. But I start checking about 9 months out. If I don't like what I see, then I wait. The reason we have the resorts available is because the timeshare members want to trade their resort stay for a cruise, so they put their resort time into the ICE pool and book a cruise. That's when the resorts become available to us. Usually 6 months in advance. If nobody gives up their resort time in the area you want to go, it won't be available to us. Make sense?
As far as the inclusive fee, it varies from resort to resort. You can find out that information by contacting the resort directly. It is almost always arranged with the resorts anyway. Paid directly to them. In Mazatlan, where we stayed it was only 50.00 per day per person, but I have seen other places that were much higher than that.
I have never seen an Oahu resort be available for more than 4 days. and still costing 299.00 for 4 days. But maybe I was just loooking at the wrong time of year.
Does this help?

Wennfred, myself and D/H just cruised on the Spirit (Jan.2) with a group of 4 other couples. Stan and I have been members for 2 years now and always
looked forward to the private parties that the club did. It seems that the club is cutting corners on the them. We went to both and the first one was the same as before Free Margaritas, chips and salsa. The second one where they before had the open bar and wonderful spread was gone on our cruise. What they did was have servers walking around with trays of drinks (just like
what they served on the Captains Party) we asked for bar drinks and they did get them for us. But the biggest let down was the food. The wonderful spread was gone and they had servers walking around with trays of hor d' oeuvres which had things like scallops, chicken wings meatballs ect. What was bad was that the food was not hot. I was really talking up the club to the couples with us and 1 couple ended up joining so we did get a 50.00 cabin credit. That was nice. We are now out of points and have decided not to buy any more. We are Platinum members so we get lots of perks from Carnival. By the way it's nice to see you posting again. Number1cruiser

[quote name='number1cruiser']Wennfred, myself and D/H just cruised on the Spirit (Jan.2) with a group of 4 other couples. Stan and I have been members for 2 years now and always
looked forward to the private parties that the club did. It seems that the club is cutting corners on the them. We went to both and the first one was the same as before Free Margaritas, chips and salsa. The second one where they before had the open bar and wonderful spread was gone on our cruise. What they did was have servers walking around with trays of drinks (just like
what they served on the Captains Party) we asked for bar drinks and they did get them for us. But the biggest let down was the food. The wonderful spread was gone and they had servers walking around with trays of hor d' oeuvres which had things like scallops, chicken wings meatballs ect. What was bad was that the food was not hot. I was really talking up the club to the couples with us and 1 couple ended up joining so we did get a 50.00 cabin credit. That was nice. We are now out of points and have decided not to buy any more. We are Platinum members so we get lots of perks from Carnival. By the way it's nice to see you posting again. Number1cruiser[/quote]

Thanks for the Info :) I will be onboard the Spirit in April, if this is what they changed it too, I mean the VIP Party, its going to suck, It reminds me of 2 Past Guest parties instead of a nice VIP party. Im not going to be too happy. The rep that signed me up on the Spirit way back is currently on the Pride and will return on the Spirit in April, I told him I will be there to get another package. My 2008 Cruise will be #10 and that will make me Platinum as well. I still have my 3 Land Short Certificates to use up. Hawaii late 2007 or Early 2008, not sure yet.

It wasn't some real exciting tropical port, but it was a nice convenience. We had some time off school and decided to drive down to Williamsburg, VA with the kids. For $299 we got a nice timeshare condo 2br/2bth/hottub/washer,dryer. It was certainly a nice inexpensive family get-away. We wanted somewhere we could drive to and it was fairly last minute. The CVC reps were very helpful and the booking was painless.

My only note of caution is that you are still somewhat subjected to the marketing ploys of the timeshare industry. Sure, we could have said no, but the lure of a free round of golf on a Nicholas designed course ended up by costing us 2+ hours of our time and tons of aggrevation. The free lunch they offered us was a slice of ham on a stale roll with a fountain drink. That was our only "never again" moment of the week.

We have a free resort stay without the $299 fee that we have to use within the year, I'm a bit affraid we won't use it before it expires, and that will be a waste. Too bad work and money get in the way of our vacations.

Wennfred, I wonder if who is working at the VC are the ones who set up the parties or if it comes from the corp office? In the office they did have water, OJ . They are still handing out a folder with discount coupons to members along with lanyards. We did get a sign on our door and free strawberries the day we boarded. I never did see a VC member walking around in the boarding area looking for members to board them early. They did have the first off though. I can't wait to see what you think when you do your cruise. By the way we did have a really wonderful cruise.

Number1cruiser

[quote name='Wennfred']Hi June, thanks for the message, We are still NEWBIES :D when it comes to using those Land short certificates. Someone posted above that Sept. 1st is when they put them on the website. We are planning to use ours earily 2008, we are going to go to Hawaii. hopefully Oahu since Wendy has never been there. When we break open the first Certificate, I will write a full report on everything.

Fred[/QUOTE]

well good luck with that....our 3 certificates expire next july (2008) I trie dto get into hawaii this summer (august ish) for MIL 60 bday and could only find 1 place and that was on the wrong island....everytime I try to get to lake geneva (wisconsin) there are no openings.....I was thinking about club med with the kids but have no idea how much extra that would be.

though the liberty I am looking at june 23 the CVC is working out to be cheaper than paying cash...(even by doing the 17.5 that they say each point is worth or the .25 that others consider)

though the other question have you found that if the price of the crusie drops do you get a point credit???

we are still learning to use the club too...we were on miracle this summer with 2 other families and they let all of us do the VIP check on....very nice since the regular check in line was HUGE!

I was a bit frustrated with the parties we were invited to as we had the 6:15 ish dinner and our main meal hadent even come when the parties start at 7:00

June

[quote name='june1300']well good luck with that....our 3 certificates expire next july (2008) I trie dto get into hawaii this summer (august ish) for MIL 60 bday and could only find 1 place and that was on the wrong island....everytime I try to get to lake geneva (wisconsin) there are no openings.....I was thinking about club med with the kids but have no idea how much extra that would be.

though the liberty I am looking at june 23 the CVC is working out to be cheaper than paying cash...(even by doing the 17.5 that they say each point is worth or the .25 that others consider)

[B][U]though the other question have you found that if the price of the crusie drops do you get a point credit???[/U][/B]

we are still learning to use the club too...we were on miracle this summer with 2 other families and they let all of us do the VIP check on....very nice since the regular check in line was HUGE!

I was a bit frustrated with the parties we were invited to as we had the 6:15 ish dinner and our main meal hadent even come when the parties start at 7:00

June[/quote]
No, we did not get a point credit. I called them twice, and talked to two different supervisors. No credit, upgrade, OBC, or perk. I actually told them "well I guess that's what I get for not waiting until the last minute to book a cruise. I lose money and points." and the CVC employee agreed with me.

[quote name='mrBit']Wow, that is nice to get free insurance, we bought the lowest package and were not told that, is this a newly added benifit? Anyway, we really like the perks so far and the sensation cruise was very cheap in points.

Did i also read correctly that there were two CVC parties on the Pride?[/quote]

if i may ask what is hte cost of the lowest package?

I am currently trying to use one of my $299 certificates for a stay in Las Vegas for July or August. No availability at the moment. There is availability for February but it is only for 3 or 4 nights for $299 depending on where you stay. Another thing to be aware of.

Archived