eastern carribean

what-a-life

What is the best cruise line for the Eastern Carribean cruise?

I'm looking at Carnival Glory?

Personally, there is no "best" cruise line for doing any of the Caribbean. It really depends on you and what you are looking for in a cruise.
  • There are large ships and small.
  • Some have a generally younger or older passenger mix. This will still vary from week to week even on the same ship.
  • While food is very subjective, each cruiser has his/her favorite line for their dining experience.
  • Speaking of dining, there is traditional seating on most lines, Freestyle on NCL, and a mix on Princess.

We have not sailed the Glory but have been happy with cruising Carnival. We have also sailed on NCL Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. And, we would sail any of those lines again.

Read some reviews of the ships and itineraries that you are interested in. And, don't be afraid to ask more questions on the boards;)

Charlie

We've just booked an eastern cruise on Royal's Jewel. This is an 8 day, 5 port cruise. I think all but maybe one port are docked, so no tendering, which I HATE HATE HATE........

The Jewel is one of the Radiance class ships, full of glass and crystal. I sailed on the Radiance to Alaska a couple years back, it was just the most wonderful trip.. Great service, great food, perfect in every way.

We're taking the Brilliance, another Radiance class to the Med in October.

But you need to ask questions that apply to your preferences. Holland is a wonderful line, I think more geared to an older crowd. A bit more expensive......Carnival appeals to a younger crowd, although we almost booked the Liberty for our 02/08 trip, but didn't like getting into Puerto Rico in the evening....We recently did Princess, a lovely ship, great service, great food.......lots of stuff for kids.

So, where do you want to go, what do you want to see, how much do you want to spend.......look at the activities onboard.......do you want to dine whenever you want (princess and Norweigan), or a set time, 6 or 8:30 on the rest?

Archived