Docks closer to Downtown or Seattle Airport

lucia1024

I am trying to figure out where I should reserve my hotel room. Since I won't be arriving until the evening before our cruise there won't be enough time to sightsee. Which location is closer to the docks? I want to give myself enough time in the morning without rushing around.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

I am trying to figure out where I should reserve my hotel room. Since I won't be arriving until the evening before our cruise there won't be enough time to sightsee. Which location is closer to the docks? I want to give myself enough time in the morning without rushing around.

Thanks

Generally the downtown area is closer to the docks, but if you won't have time to sightsee, I'd stay at the airport and go to the dock the following AM. The hotels/motels there are generally a lot less expensive than downtown, and it won't take long to get to the port. IMO-you probably wouldn't want to be to the dock much before 11:30-12 so it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW though-you might want to check out a current thread about priceline. Someone just got a room at the 5th ave Red Lion for $85 that is a pretty good deal.

-Monte

Thanks

Which cruise line are you taking? That will determine the location of the departure pier. In 2007, Norwegian and Celebrity will depart from pier 66, Holland America, Princess, and Royal Caribbean will depart from terminal 30. Pier 66 is right smack in the middle of downtown, terminal 30 is in the industrial port section just south of downtown.

There are no hotels in the immediate vicinity of terminal 30, with the exception of the newly-opened Silver Cloud Inn - Stadium. Yes, the hotels at the airport are cheaper. I would recommend though, that you stay in the downtown area, in order to best enjoy our beautiful "Emerald City". The airport is about a 20-30 minute ride from downtown. You'll find all the major hotel/motel chains in the Seattle. Prices won't be cheap downtown, however, as summer is the prime tourist season here, both for cruising and land-based vacationers. So go for what works best for you.

Here's a link to the Port of Seattle, which might help answer some questions.

Karin

I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Inn at Queen Anne. I know it's a ways out, but will you report back about it after your trip? BTW, there are a TON of restaurants and coffee shops near there, so plan on dinner and breakfast in town if you can. Lots and lots of choices. You're also near the Space Needle (walking distance) so even if you can't really do any sightseeing, you can probably squeeze in a trip up the top of the Needle. Worth it to get a birds eye view of the city and surrounding area.

We're partial to the Red Lion on 5th because of it's proximity to the Paramount and to PF Changs at Westlake. Makes a nice weekend getaway for us being in Ellensburg! But I just might have to give the Inn at Queen Anne a shot.

-Monte

Archived