Just Wondering About The Western Caribbean Cruise

RJB7777777

I was just wondering about the Western Caribbean Cruise. Which Port Of Call has the best prices on Jewelry? We'll be going on the February 24th. Our Ports are Costa Maya, Santo Tomas De Castilla, Beliza City, and Cozumel in that order. I want to get my wife something special, but don't want to get gouged in the price. I would like something like a necklace and a ring but not real expenisve. We've been married for 34 years and she really naver has asked for much, what a great woman. I would also like your opinion on souvenirs. Which one has the best prices to buy them at.

We went on the Eastern Cruise a few years ago and we went to St Marrtian's and St Thomas. If I would have known then I would have bought her a lot of stuff in St Marritian instead of waiting for St Thomas. I'd love to go back to to St Marrtian's they were really great on everything we bought there. In St Thomas it seemed like we never left the States.

Thank you for any help. Rick

Well, here's my advice, since DH just gave me a Christmas gift of an exact cruise we had already taken so I could buy a necklace I saw but didn't buy in Key West. (Which means I paid about $1,000 extra for my necklace!!!) (But it sure was fun, and a great way to get a cruise!)

Do some price shopping at home and get a feel for the prices of whatever you want to buy.

If she likes it, buy it. And I mean, if she really really likes it. Keeps talking about it. Looks for one like it. You better get it before you leave that port, cause you probably won't find one like it again. I was talking to a cruise mate on the Majesty, a fellow cruise critic, and she was telling me about a pearl necklace she fell in love with, bickered with them on the price and got it down to about $400 from $1200, and then she didn't buy it. She wishes now that she had.

Of course, you could buy something at the first port and then find something similar later for less, but that's a chance you take. But, isn't she worth it??? :)

Shay

• 2 weeks later...

Archived