How long does it take you...

MamaParrotHead

to get back into the "full swing of things" after a cruise?

I'm starting to get really excited now that my ticker is getting down there (FINALLY), then thoughts of how hard it was (no joke) assimilating back to "real life" after our cruise last time come creeping into my head. Cleaning up after EVERYONE, going back to work, planning and cooking meals, and spending a lot of my time wishing I was on another darn cruise. :o That part STINKS so bad...I honestly think it took me atleast a month to get over it.

PCD stinks. I think that we should have an "emergency relief fund" for those cruisers with PCD who just can't function, LOL.

Currently we're on the schedule of going every other year. So that plan doesn't work well for me...although I do start atleast researching on which one we want to do next. I think S. Caribbean is on the agenda for us next (in '09) but DH thinks we're saving for a few years to do a Med cruise. I told him that that was probably something we'd want to do with the kids when we're ALL older. LOL I do hope this is one of those instances I get *my* way, LOL. or maybe I could start saving and book it as a "surprise" (a.k.a., I still get my way but it's disguised as a gift, LOL).

Have your next adventure mapped out, at least on paper, before you set sail on this cruise.

Have something really fun planned to look forward to that first week back at home. (I like to skip the massage on the ship and plan one for myself at a nice spa here at home!)

Knuckle down and make EVERYONE get stuff unpacked/washed/stowed/grocery shop etc the first full day you are back. Don't LET them treat you as the hired help...or start charging them each $10 a day for that priveledge.:p

At the end of the day slap some Buffett on the cd player and whip up a Pina Colada or a Margarita and put your feet up or slip into a nice warm bubble bath and close your eyes...before you know it you'll feel like your back on the ship! (This is something I like to do at least once a week!:) )

Before we leave for a cruise, I thoroughly clean the house. That way, nothing has to be done as far as housework the first week or so. We also make sure that nothing is left in the laundry hamper, because we have so many loads to do when returning home.

We also unpack the moment we return home, getting laundry started ASAP. If you are unpacked and put away, laundry done the day you return, getting back to "real life" is so much easier.

However, it still takes me a week or so to assimilate and we do tend to eat at restaurants or get take out the first few days of coming home.

I was lucky this year. When I got back from my cruise on 01/14, I was to phone my new boss and start a new job on Monday. Well I was a very happy man, he said we were closed on Monday, yee haw. But getting back into only takes until you have to do any of the thing that you didn't do while on the cruise. Get up the next day and make breakfast, boom you're back. You have to do it, you don't like to do it but you're back. I'll be having a real hard time next cruise b/c we're going to do a 2 week cruise. That's going to be hard.

Before we leave for a cruise, I thoroughly clean the house. That way, nothing has to be done as far as housework the first week or so. We also make sure that nothing is left in the laundry hamper, because we have so many loads to do when returning home.

We also unpack the moment we return home, getting laundry started ASAP. If you are unpacked and put away, laundry done the day you return, getting back to "real life" is so much easier.

However, it still takes me a week or so to assimilate and we do tend to eat at restaurants or get take out the first few days of coming home.

Same here. it's so much nicer coming home from vacation to a clean house :)

to get back into the "full swing of things" after a cruise?

I'm starting to get really excited now that my ticker is getting down there (FINALLY), then thoughts of how hard it was (no joke) assimilating back to "real life" after our cruise last time come creeping into my head. Cleaning up after EVERYONE, going back to work, planning and cooking meals, and spending a lot of my time wishing I was on another darn cruise. :o That part STINKS so bad...I honestly think it took me atleast a month to get over it.

PCD stinks. I think that we should have an "emergency relief fund" for those cruisers with PCD who just can't function, LOL.

There is a novel idea. Get a doctor's prescription ordering you to take a cruise for treatment of your PCD (Post Cruise Depression).

Medical Tax deduction.

Archived