Paynes Bay?

KillaFee

I happen to love Paynes Bay.. But I wouldn't recommend that you go to the Blue Monkey Bar to get to the beach. Too Crowded.

I would recommend taking a taxi from the port and ask to be dropped off at the Coach House Entrance to the beach. NOT Blue Monkey. (while they do have bathrooms/bar etc.. I just didn't like the feel of the place when I went in back in December.)..

Hope you enjoy it.

Beachbum could you explain the statement that the bar pushes their money back at you for change.

If you are referring to paying in USD and getting BBD back in change, thats the law here actually. Yes ok.. some places will give you USD Back.. but by law if you pay in USD you get BBD Back.. this is Barbados after all. Sorry, but thats the way it is.. and in many countries as well.

Beachbum could you explain the statement that the bar pushes their money back at you for change.

If you are referring to paying in USD and getting BBD back in change, thats the law here actually. Yes ok.. some places will give you USD Back.. but by law if you pay in USD you get BBD Back.. this is Barbados after all. Sorry, but thats the way it is.. and in many countries as well.

I didn't mean to sound snooty. I guess I am just used to going to French side St Martin and spending U.S. dollars and getting back U.S. dollars. No Biggie!!

Archived