Glory

mh1973

Anyone been on the Glory and if what did you think?

Did Glory in March 05, did RCCL Mariner of the Seas last March. Enjoyed Glory so much that I booked her again for this March. Food was good, service was great and nice ports. You will love her....

We will be on the Glory Feb. 3 but we have sailed the Conquest which is her twin sister. We absolutely loved the Conquest. She is big but has so much room that it never seemed overly crowded. The Lido Deck has two floors and very large. However, I recommend eating a little earlier or later for meals as breakfast and lunch can get crowded at the peak times. :eek: There are several specialty areas on the Lido where you can get deli sandwiches, fish and chips, burgers, and of course the 24/7 pizza and ice cream. And, you can always eat in the dining room at those times - they have open seating so you get to meet new folks. Breakfast and lunch in the dining room is more casual - shorts allowed but no bathing suits. Shows are great but again, I recommend getting there early to get a decent seat. The lounge can fill up fast. I really think you will enjoy the Glory. We are looking forward to our Feb. sailing. :)

mh1973... just got off the ship last weekend (sigh). Anything specific you want to know about? I can tell you its a great ship, good service, great ports, yada yada yada, but you will hear that from a lot of people :). If you have anything in particular you are looking for, ask away here or on my question thread about this ship located here.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=478278

Joe

JoeSmooga, I've heard that self assist disembarkation is no longer available. Was this available on the Glory? We did it on the Conquest and were in our car on our way home at 7 a.m. :D We'd like to do it again on this upcoming cruise if it is available. TG23

Self Assist was available on our sailing, but do know in advance that they did not call for those passengers until around 8:30AM. We had a couple of guys in our group who were doing it as they had an early flight out of Orlando to catch (11:30AM flight... they made it with no problem). What I did notice on this sailing was that we did not make it into port until about 6:30AM, which was a change compared to voyages in/out of Miami and New Orleans, as those sailings always seemed to dock REALLY early in the morning and the self-assist folks were called for and gone by 7:15AM.

We didn't use Self Assist and did not get off the ship until (get this) 10:30AM when our luggage tag was called (pink tag... last color called). I looked at my watch when we actually had cleared customs and had my bags in hand in the parking lot of the pier... it was 11:15AM. At the same time, I was seeing the buses showing up and dropping the next batch of passengers off for the next sailing. It was so sad...

Bottom line, if you have someplace to go in a hurry after getting off the Glory, do Self Assist or expect to wait a little bit. I WISH they would have the "everybody off the ship whenever you want" call after VIP's and Self Assist folks were off the ship like they did on the Elation when we took her out of Miami back in May... that seemed to go so much faster and the ship was completely cleared by 9:15AM.

Joe

Thanks for the info. We probably will do the self assist. No plane to catch but we do have a drive to Fort Worth, that we need to get started with as soon as we leave the ship. :eek: Wonder if all the Glory cruises are getting in at 6:30? Anyway, an 8:30 start is okay. TG23

Anyone been on the Glory and if what did you think?

We are just off the Glory-Western Caribbean January 20th. The ship was beautiful, clean and didn't seem crowded at all. We had a balcony cabin on Deck 7. The food was good (Warm Chocolate Melting Cake--yummy), and the service was good. The seas were smooth and the weather was nice (did have a few brief showers).Very easy embarkation procedure-took us less than 40 minutes from the hotel to the cabin. We did self assist the last day and while it was a little crowded at first, took us hardly no time at all. We would not hesitate to go on Glory again. Enjoy your cruise...

Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I have read that the Glory is...mmm...how do I put it? Very rocky? I don't know if that's how I should describe it, but you get the idea...that it rolls a lot b/c of a narrow hull? Can someone tell me about this?

Amy

JoeSmooga, I've heard that self assist disembarkation is no longer available. Was this available on the Glory? We did it on the Conquest and were in our car on our way home at 7 a.m. :D We'd like to do it again on this upcoming cruise if it is available. TG23

We did self assist on January 20th. (Glory-Western Caribbean) We went to the theater around 7:00 AM. It was very crowded. After a short wait, passengers with early flights who had black, purple, and lime green tags were called. Then they called for self assist for those same colors. Once these folks were out of the way, they announced all self assist could leave the ship. We were off, back to the hotel via shuttle and in our car by 9:00 AM. Have a great cruise....

Hey Jaybird from SC, this is baybye from Camden SC and I was wondering did you stay overnight in PC and which motel, did you leave your car at the motel or the port?:)

My neice and I will be leaving on Feb 10, on the Glory(western), and I had plan to stay at the LaQuinta and leave the car there but maybe you have some better info.

I was on the Glory last June and I loved her. I didn't think the ship rocked at all and I loved the warm choc cake.:D

Glad you had a good time. Where are you from in SC

Thanks

Beverly

Archived