Where to find reviews of Pacific Star

stretts

Heading off in April. How do I access reviews posted on the forum from those who have travelled on the Star.

Also we are off on a 'Week Fantastique" cruise ..which are the best places to snokel, have bought the whole family their own snorkel and flippers as suggested on the forum. My son wants to know if there are "killer" sharks.. as in Aust??

Do the teens have their own formal night and if so how formal do the boys dress?

I am sure I will come up with more questions before we go so thanks to all who respond:)

Sue

Hi Stretts,

I couldn't find a review on the Pacific Star in the Reviews section of Cruise Critic but there are a few reviews of her in these pages. If you go back to the P&O Australia main page, then click on "Search this forum" and enter "Pacific Star" you will get a list that filters to those posts that mention the Pacific Star. Some of these are excellent reviews - you just need to work your way through them.

I had a look at the Week Fantastique itinerary and your ports of call are Noumea, Lifou, Vila and then home to Brisbane. You arrive late afternoon into Noumea, so you won't have time to pick up a tour there that involves snorkelling. I've been to Vila once before on a cruise and went on a tour to a nearby island that involved great snorkelling. I can't comment on Lifou as I haven't been there. Good idea to take your own snorkels and flippers.

And I can't help you with the teens formal nights. Saturday 3rd Feb will be my first cruise on the Pacific Star so I'll post a review when I get back and check this out for you.

You will spend the whole day at Lifou, where the snorkelling is great.

The tender boats will drop you off at the beach, which is lovely. But I suggest you take the walk to the church on the cliff top for the views then coming back down you can see a bay on the other side of the island. Mind you its only aboy 300m wide at this point. There is parkland to sit or you can take steps down to the small beach which accesses some of the best coral and fish I have ever seen. You could easily spend a couple of hours there and not see it all. You won't be alone as it is very popular, but I doubt you will see killer sharks. Enjoy!

I'm not sure but I don't think teens have their own formal night but they do have special event nights for them such as movie nights.

Archived