Been There! What else to do in Ocho Rios?

drdaddy

Hey all. Been to Ocho Rios already. Went on tour with an independent and it was a good time. We do not want to go to Dunn's River Falls again. Is there any locations for snorkeling in Jamaica? That is what I would prefer to do. Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

We have also been to Ocho Rios before and have been to the falls, botanical gardenes & Fern Gully. We don't care do see them again and are also looking for something else to do. I would like to try the zip line tour but DH doesn't want to. Right now we are leaning toward shopping on the pier then going back to the ship. I would love some suggestions.

When we went to Ocho for the first time, we did the falls and Dolphin Cove. When we went last summer, we were also looking for something different. When I talked to our tour guide about planning our day, she asked us what our interests were. We explained that our son was a birder. No problem, mon! She asked if we had ever done the river tubing. No, so no problem, mon! She set about planning our day. We had a fabulous day. We went to the Enchanted Garden which is a once glorious resoirt that is now closed. It is open for pre-arranged walking tours. It has an aviary. The guide at the Garden, Clarence, was a delight. We had the place and Clarence to ourselves. The falls running through the gardens are beautiful. Going into the aviary was thrilling for my son. I could have spent a much longer time there.

We also toured Coyoba Gardens. They were nice but a letdown after the Enchanted Garden. Then we did the tubing on the White River. It was a blast! I would have loved to have done it several times instead of once!

We also had a delicious lunch at a local jerk shack. The day was a roaring success. We had not been thrilled about stopping again in Ocho Rios and it turned into a favorite spot.

We used Marva Shaw of knowjamaica.com. She made our day memorable.

Here is a link to our Jamaica album.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/552503449pdjGlW

Good luck choosing things to do. Have a great trip!

Our tour company, Barrett Adventures, had set up our day to include snorkelling in the Robin's Bay area, but the water was so rough that day it wasn't safe. Didn't matter, we still had a great day.

I know you can go to one of the all-inclusive hotels for the day for a preset price. They have snorkeling excursions you can take there for free since it is included.

There is also horseback riding in and around the water of some beaches.

on RCCL there is a snorkeling only excursion for $32/pp....

Located close to the cruise ship pier is a wonderful coral reef; considered one of the best snorkeling spots in Ocho Rios. Underwater visibility is normally excellent as you float over the reef formations. Observe the colorful coral and abundant fish life that thrive in the warm Jamaican waters.

Note: All equipment is included and the friendly crew are on hand to give instructions and assistance if required. An adult must accompany children.

Same with us - did the falls, Fern Gully and the private tour. This year we are thinking of a 2 hour ATV tour and lunch at Bibbi-Bips Restaurant.

This is a great restaurant with amazing views. It sits on a cliff and overlooks the ocean.

Archived