Empress/ JS ??

Gypsywych

We had a suite for or b2b in December and there was no concierge service, we did get priority boarding and no there was not much noise from the pool area during the night. The only time we had a problem was the evening of the midnight poolside buffet.

There is no Concierge Lounge on the Empress.

The JS would not have received concierge service anyway. Diamond C&A and above, plus probably the higher suites only would have received access to it.

A JS on the Empress is really just a cabin category E1 or E2 on other ships. But, they are balcony cabins so were renamed JS's. There are no bathtubs in the JS cabins on the Empress as other

ships JS's have.

I was in JS 9644 on our last Empress cruise and have that cabin again in Nov. We are under the kids Adventure Ocean and it was still quiet at night.;)

We've been on the Empress 5 times. We've been inside, outside, and JS. On this ship....JS is the way to go. The last time we were in 9642....like Alexis...directly under Adventure Ocean. This was the 4th of July cruise....lots of kids...and I've never heard so much noise all the way past 1 AM.....pounding on the floor. It didn't ruin our cruise, but was quite annoying. On weeks when there are fewer kids I would imagine, like Alexis said...it wouldn't be too bad. Once we were directly under the Viking Crown Lounge and that was pretty noisy.

We've been on the Empress 5 times. We've been inside' date=' outside, and JS. On this ship....JS is the way to go. The last time we were in 9642....[b']like Alexis...directly under Adventure Ocean. This was the 4th of July cruise....lots of kids...and I've never heard so much noise all the way past 1 AM.....pounding on the floor.[/b] It didn't ruin our cruise, but was quite annoying. On weeks when there are fewer kids I would imagine, like Alexis said...it wouldn't be too bad. Once we were directly under the Viking Crown Lounge and that was pretty noisy.

I only had the "Leaping Frogs" over me during the day and early evening.

I wasn't in the cabin then. :D

You have to sail on the 11 night when the kids are all in school. That is why I had it so quiet. :D

I agree, Alexis....The 11 night is the way to go......hardly any kids. Unfortunately the kids on our last cruise were playing dodge ball at 1 AM. I went up a couple of times and gave them my meanest teacher look, but it didn't do any good. :rolleyes:

Archived