Capt Marvin's or Moby Dick's for Sting Ray Adventure?

Suzanne74

We definitely want to do the Sting Rays and it seems these 2 companies have great reputations. We will be taking our 5yr old with us. Is there one that docks in the more shallow area or has that option? I noticed on RCCL they have one excursion in 10-12ft water and another in 3-6ft water. I much rather the 3-6ft one for my daughter but don't know if the private companies offer this.

Thanks in advance

We've used Captain Marvin's three times, and I can't say enough positive things about them.

I don't know about what RCCL offers, but with CM's you will do a snorkel (or two-depending on what excursion you choose), and then you will go to the sandbar.

The first time we were there, the sandbar was packed, and we were off on an edge, where the water was about up to my chin (I'm 5'). The other times, we were in water just up to our knees. I think a lot depends on the weather, and how many boats are there at the same time. They will do their best to get you in the more shallow water.

I think the 10-12 foot water is Stingray City, and the more shallow is Stingray Sandbar, but most companies call both Stingray City, which is confusing. So it is wise to ask. I think a lot of scuba divers do the 10-12 foot one, at least that's what I've read here.

I'm not aware that Captain Marvin's offers the deeper one-since you want to avoid it...but Joan or Ruth at CM's would be able to answer all you questions. I know I just booked online...the first time we did their short trip, and the other times we did a longer one.

Whoever you go with...have a great time! It's an amazing experience and one we never get tired of doing. It's at the top of our list everytime we're in GC.

Archived