Optional Formal Night - is there or isnt there?

dubi1015

On the 1/10/07 sailing of The Wind, we did have one optional formal night. Since we were already booked for Le Bistro that night, I'm not sure how many went formal (but I doubt it was many).

Also, there was a small sign posted in La Trattoria stating that jeans were allowed in the Four Seasons after 5:30, but not Terraces. I think it may have said shorts as well, which would explain the guy I saw eating in there in shorts one day. I did see one couple turned away from the Terraces because the man was wearing shorts.

I've taken five NCL cruises over the past five years and NEVER seen a restaurant designated as formal only.

Actually, NCL used to designate one of the main dining rooms as formal only, but they did away with it about 18-24 months ago. It wasn't done on every ship but they definitely did it. I remember it on my Sea cruise back in 2001.

This is another instance where NCL needs to update its published documents (in this case, the "Welcome Aboard" booklet).

Archived