comfort inn, SJU

I think there is another thread called Hotels in San Juan that has some info you might be interested in. Someone posted NOT to stay at the Comfort Inn In San Juan, that it is gross. The Inter-continental is nice. I am thinking of staying at the Hampton Inn next September.

Stayed at the Comfort Inn pre cruise for one night March 2004. It was fine. Clean, adequete rooms. Only one block to the sea but the actual beach where swimming was safe was a few blocks further down.( a ten minute walk) Area felt safe- we walked at night after dinner to a local store- no problem. Cabs are plentiful and not very expensive - set price from airport to hotel, hotel to pier.

However, we stayed there because we needed an inexpensive place with 10 rooms. We had a large crowd traveling together with lots of teens. Absent that situation I would stay either in old san juan- for the interesting shops, clubs and sights, or do priceline for a nice beach front hotel. We paid 109 per night- good price but many pay less for much nicer, actual beachfront hotels- Caribe Hilton for instance.

One thing I didn't realize is that although there is a long stretch of beach many of the areas are inaccessable because of new construction. Other areas- like the park right near the comfort Inn are accessable but dangerous due to a terrific undertow- and we are very experienced swimmers.

Do try and get to the fort as well. It is a national park and very interesting to tour.

Archived