Freedom Mediterranean - Good choice for kids?

We're thinking of taking a Mediterranean cruise in summer 2008 with our kids, then ages 12 and 9. We really want to see Europe (DH and kids have never been) so the convenience of doing it by ship is appealling. I was wondering how many families with school aged kids tend to take this itinerary. Granted, it is in the summer, so that increases the odds - but is this likely to be an older crowd? I don't need the ship to be full of kids, but would want my kids to have others their age to hang around with on sea days. I'm sure the Disney cruise would have kids their ages, but we did a Disney Cruise a couple of years ago and don't really want to do it again.

Any thoughts?

We're thinking of taking a Mediterranean cruise in summer 2008 with our kids, then ages 12 and 9. We really want to see Europe (DH and kids have never been) so the convenience of doing it by ship is appealling. I was wondering how many families with school aged kids tend to take this itinerary. Granted, it is in the summer, so that increases the odds - but is this likely to be an older crowd? I don't need the ship to be full of kids, but would want my kids to have others their age to hang around with on sea days. I'm sure the Disney cruise would have kids their ages, but we did a Disney Cruise a couple of years ago and don't really want to do it again.

Any thoughts?

Your "subject" is very confusing. What does "Freedom" mean?? Are you talking about Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas? If that's the case, you're on the wrong boards. Please clarify.

I owe you an apology. I didn't realize that Carnival had a new ship called "Freedom". I am really getting somewhat confused by the cruise lines are naming their ships the same as other cruise lines. I should have know better.......Princess has Dawn Princess and NCL has Norwegian Dawn. RCI has Jewel of the Seas and NCL has Norwegian Jewel. Are they trying to get us all mixed up. :confused: :rolleyes:

We did a med cruise on the Liberty last summer. There were very few small children, I only remember seeing a handful and one was the daughter of a friend. Another friend had took her daughter as a graduation present and there were very few people in her age group as well.

The longer European cruises tend to attrack an older crowd. We are mid 40s and were definitely on the young end agewise for this cruise.

Archived