boarding documents/birth certificates

I just checked our birth certificates for some reason and discovered my husbands doesn't have a raised seal [Pa]. Then I looked @ mine & there's no seal at all [Texas]. We were on a cruise yrs ago & I don't even know if they were required. Didn't I see a web site here someplace for documents or was it just for passports or visas? Before I stroke out I guess I better call RCCL! TIA for any info!

Update: RCCL docs say "original BC" & that's what I was told per phone now so I can breathe again. :D

thanks all! :)

i was a lil on edge because i really don't have time between now and then to get a passport. also my fiance's passport is MIA.

additional question... will we need to carry our picture ID's and BC's with us on and off of the boat at every port? or will we be given something so we can leave such important stuff in our room?

can you tell i'm a first time cruiser? ;)

I got a new official copy of my birth certificate in less than one week at this site [url]http://www.vitalchek.com[/url]

I then made a photo copy of it and of my driver's license to carry off ship, leaving the originals in the room safe just in case.

Usually all you need to get on and off the ship is your ship ID/room key/charge card thingie. But just in case you need ID on shore, the photo copies should prove who you are until you can get back on board for the originals - that's assuming you aren't going to do anything illegal!! LOL

I'm just back from the Western excursion and my birth certificates for me and my family was barely looked at getting on or off of the ship (customs). They just ask for it but barely glanced at it and the Customs never asked for our drivers license back in port at Canaveral! THere is a safe in your room you can put things in for safe keeping.

You will not need your BC or picture Id to get on and off the ship you use your seapass card for that but you may want to bring your picture ID with you while in port, I always do but have never had to use it on any of our previous cruises. We just were on the Empress of the Seas in June and were told not to bring our passports off the ship all we would need were our seapass cards

Also we now have passports but previously used our BC from NY which did not have a raised seal.

Jackie

Archived