Anniversary Package Order Confirmation?

77cruiser77

Thanks to all of the great information on these boards I decided to go ahead and order the anniversary package for our cruise next week. I faxed in my order about two weeks ago, but did not hear anything back. I did see that they charged my cc, but outside of that nothing.. Should I expect to get something in the mail, or some kind of document showing that I purchased this?

My concern is that the staff on the ship will be so far disconnected from the call center that placed my order that I may or may not get what I purchased. I have never travelled on NCL and given the mixed reviews you find online I would prefer to avoid any possible issues while on my trip.

Has anyone had an issue with this? Just curious & thanks in advance!

Thanks to all of the great information on these boards I decided to go ahead and order the anniversary package for our cruise next week. I faxed in my order about two weeks ago, but did not hear anything back. I did see that they charged my cc, but outside of that nothing.. Should I expect to get something in the mail, or some kind of document showing that I purchased this?

My concern is that the staff on the ship will be so far disconnected from the call center that placed my order that I may or may not get what I purchased. I have never travelled on NCL and given the mixed reviews you find online I would prefer to avoid any possible issues while on my trip.

I always ask for an email confirmation which I print out and bring with me though, I have never needed it.

You can call and ask for email confirmation or just print out your CC charge.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

I just ordered the Aniversary Package a couple days ago for our cruise next month. I called NCL directly and ordered it. When I asked for a receipt or some sort of confirmation the rep. said there was no way for her to give me one!......?

I also explained to her my (same) concern but she didn't have any way to print a receipt she told me.

Fortunately, I've ordered many on-board gifts and have never had a problem so I too am trusting in the system.

I ordered one of the Romance Packages a few days ago by calling NCL and I received an email confirmation receipt in about 5 minutes after I hung up the phone. I would call them back and ask for at least an email confirmation.

I also just ordered the anniversary package on Friday for the Sun 2/25 and asked for the e-mail confirmation - by the time I was off the phone, it was in my inbox. I spoke with a man named James who was very helpful. Maybe the person you spoke with was new - I think it is worth calling back just for peace of mind. I do recall a post here a while ago with someone saying they had trouble with their anniversary package onboard but because they had their receipt it was easily resolved.

Good Luck

Amanda

I ordered the package, but never received the email receipt.

I called NCL customer service on another matter and asked "oh by the way, do you show me as having the romance package ordered?"

She looked at my "amenities" (that word is the key) and said she did show it and would sent me an email receipt (one of those emails with a .pdf file attached) which I received within a half an hour.

So the moral of the story is : Call 1-800-327-7030 option 3 about three business days after the charge shows up on your credit card and ask for a receipt.

I ordered the package, but never received the email receipt.

I called NCL customer service on another matter and asked "oh by the way, do you show me as having the romance package ordered?"

She looked at my "amenities" (that word is the key) and said she did show it and would sent me an email receipt (one of those emails with a .pdf file attached) which I received within a half an hour.

So the moral of the story is : Call 1-800-327-7030 option 3 about three business days after the charge shows up on your credit card and ask for a receipt.

Will do, thanks for the tip!

My concern is that the staff on the ship will be so far disconnected from the call center that placed my order that I may or may not get what I purchased. I have never traveled on NCL and given the mixed reviews you find on line I would prefer to avoid any possible issues while on my trip.

Don't worry even with a conformation if NCL can screw it up they will. I ordered a Birthday package for my daughter on her Jan 07 cruise and she got a congratulation package instead. I called NCL to voice my displeasure and all they had to say was that the ship must have ran out of Happy Birthday banners. So I asked what the excuse was for not writing Happy Birthday on the cake, did NCL want to keep a congratulation theme or did they ran out of Happy Birthday icing too? I will let you know in about a year of the outcome. That's how long it will take NCL to respond if they even respond.

Trust me I have dealt with NCL when they totally ruined my daughters wedding. It's been almost 2 years and they have yet to tell me what possibly went wrong, to have everything go so wrong.

Again, I think the key is to have receipts/confirmations for everything.

Compile print-outs of everything into a booklet (get it sprial-bound at Kinko's for less than $5) then if something is wrong, get it resolved on the ship, don't wait to call customer service... that's a waste with ANY company in any industry.

If the people on the ship are giving you a hard time, tell them you want to speak to the "Hotel Department Head" He/she is the officer on the ship that everyone with the exception of the Medical, Engineering, and Bridge staff answer to.

If that person stone-walls you, then talk to his boss, the man they call "Captain"

The moral of the story is bring print-outs of everything.

Again, I think the key is to have receipts/confirmations for everything.

Compile print-outs of everything into a booklet (get it sprial-bound at Kinko's for less than $5) then if something is wrong, get it resolved on the ship, don't wait to call customer service... that's a waste with ANY company in any industry.

If the people on the ship are giving you a hard time, tell them you want to speak to the "Hotel Department Head" He/she is the officer on the ship that everyone with the exception of the Medical, Engineering, and Bridge staff answer to.

If that person stone-walls you, then talk to his boss, the man they call "Captain"

The moral of the story is bring print-outs of everything.

I have names, emails, charge cards receipts, confirmation numbers, you name it, didn't make a difference with NCL. NCL has to confirm from their side and if they are wrong you wont hear from them unless you keep pursuing NCL, then they'll offer you a credit for a future cruise to get you to sail with them again.

Archived