Anytime dining/table for two

JDCELTIX333

Yes, you can. Just go to the hostess stand and ask for a table for two. They will ask if you want to share a table with others but just say no thank you. They'll give you a pager as you'll probably have a short wait but you can sit out by the piano player and enjoy a cocktail. We went around 7-ish and waited 10 minutes. Hope this helps!

Yes tables for 2 are available. I have found that some ships are nicer than others when you ask but you will get one. You can reserve a table but most ships will not take reservations for the more traditional dining times. I am sure someone will respond who does know what those times are.

If you do go during the busiest dinner hours you may have to wait 10 - 15 min. for a table but I found during very early or late dining we were seated immediately.

I woulld like to know if you can get a table for two when using the Anytime dining option and what the usual procedure is to get one.

When you walk into the dining room just tell the Matr'D you prefer a table for two. That's what we did on the CB and it was never a problem.

Rick

Some tables for two might as well be tables for four, they have them so close together. My sister and I had anytime dining on a recent cruise and we always asked to share a table but one evening they said all they had was a table for two. We ended up being seated inches away from another table for two with just one diner. We ended up having a nice conversation with him. It might have been a little ackward had we been a couple wanting privacy.

Jackie

we waited twice for a table for two, both times less than 5 mins -

I took a suggestion from the board and branched out and agreed to be seated at a large table - 10 in all the first night - while we had a great time the 2 1/2 hour dinner was just WAY too long - We ate alone the rest of the trip and dinner was no longer than an hour.

I have to agree with that. The more people at your table, the longer the dinner. Although we enjoyed the conversation and the meal, by the end of the week, it just seems like the meal dominates the evening. We sat a couple of evenings with tables of 8 and it does take about 2 1/2-3 hours. It's a pretty big time commitment.

On some ships Princess uses "dividers" between connected tables in order to provide the "table for two" scenario. It's basically a large decorative piece of plastic that separates you from your tablemates. We've had no problem with the concept but others have not enjoyed it as much as a normal 2 seat table.

If you plan to eat most of your dinners in the dining room with the same waiter you might want to reserve the same table every night.

On a recent Star Princess cruise we called each morning and reserved a table for 2...No problem...Though they usally asked us if we wanted around 6PM or 8:15PM...While dining one night we saw them convert a large table to a table for 2 by removing the top...Tables for 2 seem to be very popular and it appears that Princess is attempting to meet the demand.

Archived