Has anyone got engaged on a cruise ship?

budcin

Sounds romantic!! I hope all goes well for your son and that she does say YES!! :D

As far as getting engaged on a cruise for myself, I'll let you know when we return from our Conquest cruise in Jan! Ha! :p (If it doesn't happen before!!)

Happy sailing,

T.

My niece got engaged on a cruise about 2 years ago. Her now husband took her to the back of the ship to watch the stars, he then got on one knee and proposed, and she then fell to both her knees and said "yes". Pretty romantic and fun for everyone that was there! Her mom, dad, and brother, myself, the aunt and my husband, her other aunt and uncle , and 4 of her closest cousins! It was a family vacation and we all enjoyed celebrating her engagement with the both of them on a cruise ship!!

I have seen several couples get engaged onboard, most of them asked CCL crew/staff for assistance either by working it into a show or making some special arangements in the diningroom. I'm sure they have a lot of great ideas onboard.

Sounds romantic!! I hope all goes well for your son and that she does say YES!! :D

What SEF said. While I didn't get engaged on the ship, we did however decide over the course of our cruise, which included Valentines Day, that the marriage was not worth saving :D

My FH proposed aboard the Celebrity Summit on the first formal night during a Thanksgiving cruise last year. He had flowers sent to the room before dinner with a note that said "Will you marry me?". I said yes. We will be married aboard the Carnival Legend in new York Harbor on May 29, 2005.

I got engaged on our cruise in March 2002- under the guise that it was a trip for my birthday. he did it on the top deck at night (we fight about which night, but I know it was formal) Lots of drinks were purchased for us by other cruisers!

After the proposal, I was not allowed to call anyone and tell them. When his family picked us up at the airport, I could tell they were trying to look at my hand, but I kept putting it behind me, in my pocket...they were too afraid to ask!

Can't wait for our honeymoon cruise!

Archived