Need advice - new cruisers

coca68

I will be going on a cruise for the first time on the NCL Pearl to the Southern Carribean. I have a 12 years old daughter and two boys ages 9 and 7. Any advice on what to do, where to go, what excursions to do, and how to pack?

:o I'm excited and nervous :eek:

Excursions: We're going on the 9 nighter on Feb 2d. I can give you some advice after that.

As far as packing, it's resort casual. so you don't have to pack anything formal if you don't want to. I take dockers, knit and cotton collared shirts (need them for the resturants in the evening), walkinf shoes, sandals, and shoes to wear at night (light loafers). The wife bring slacks, shorts, cotton blouses, exercise clothes, tennis shoes, capris. You can dress very relaxed and fit right in. Just remember, no shorts or tee shirts at night (except in the buffet). The jeans debate continues, but right now the policy is no jeans in the dining rooms.

Excursions and trips always depend on where you are going and the individual person.

For example, my personal favorites (all done on our own) are:

Trunk Bay in St-John. We take a taxi to Red Hook, then the ferry to St-John. Bring along some dog biscuits for the fish, they love milk bone.

Dickenson Bay in Antigua. It's a short taxi ride and a nice beach.

Baie Orientale (which gets translated to Oriental Beach for some reason) in St-Martin. We love the French side of the Island, but some people get upset because it's topless (and if you walk far to the right, there is a nude beach, but you have to specifically want to go there, it's quite a walk and frankly I still have regrets having seen it!). We also loved going into Marigot (called Grand Case, locally). We rented a car and drove around the island once.

Trunk Bay in Tortola. One of the most beautiful beaches.

The Pitons in St-Lucia. There is nothing that beats seeing this!

For advice and info on the ship, check the NCL board.

For advice and info on the Ports of Call, go to each Port of Call board

Lots of great info out there but you have to look around a little.

Have a great cruise!

Archived