alcohol/ flat irons

cpapa84

my boyfriend and i are cruising for the first time and i have two questions:

1. what is the cheapest way to drink alcohol on the cruise? we aren't HUGE drinkers but will obviously be on vacation and want to drink. i just feel like the drinks on the ship are going to add up a lot and want to avoid that. how easy is it to sneak in alcohol? what are the penalties if you get caught? if there is a corking fee, what is it, usually? also, if you can buy duty free alcohol onboard the ship, is it cheaper just to drink that? sorry for so many questions about this!

2. carnival said you cannot bring irons - what about flat irons for hair? or even a curling iron? i seriously hope i am allowed to bring my flat iron, haha.

if anyone has any idea about any of this, please let me know. thanks!

colleen

I've always brought my curling and flat irons and never had an issue. My steward always winds the cord up nicely for me and puts them in the bathroom shelving (I was baffled the first time on where they might have gone off to)

As for alcohol... just do a search and read the hundreds upon hundreds of responces to this question already on the board...

As far as your alcohol, this is a very touchy and heated subject, so buckle your seat belt and get ready for the ride! :p You can sneak your booze on the ship, A LOT of people do it and please don't think anything about it. If you buy your booze on the ship you will not get it until the last day or so! Just read the boards and they will tell you how and the best way! So many of our friends just wrap it in bubble wrap, in a plastic bag in case of breaking and wrap clothes around it. None of them have ever had a problem. You can also take your own soda on board with you. I know some are on a budget so I can see someone doing this, I have no problem with it what so ever! All curling irons are acceptable. I do take my travel size iron with me every time I cruise and I have NEVER had a problem. All of the cabin atten. have seen it and actually some have even set in in other places at times. Just be careful and be sure to always stay with it and unplug and turn it off after each use! This is another one of those subjects we better buckle our seat belts for because it can be a bumpy ride. :D Have a great cruise

Archived