Hotel and Car Rentals in Vancouver

I am cruising Vancouver to Whitter in June with my wife and our 6 and 10 year old kids. Where would you recommend as some good places to stay in Vancouver? We will fly in around noon on Thursday and not embark until noon Saturday, in an effort to do some sightseeing. Would you recommend a car rental or are there some good hotels in walking distance of a large percentage of the main atractions we would probably like to visit? We have never been to Vancouver before and I have been trying to research the city on line, but I feel like I'm throwing darts at a dart board on this one. Any recommendations is apprciated.

Thanks

A car rental likley won't be of any great benifit to you for the limited time you have in town. A downtown hotel will allow you to walk to certain area's and buses/skytrain /seabus and the odd cab will be easier.

Hotels are such a personal thing with rates and needs etc. that what I recommend is that you have a look at my favorite web site for down to earth

Vancouver and Cruise experience.... and then get back to us with any specific Q's.

http://www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/info.htm

Archived