New Year's Cruise - Galaxy

TEXASMUNK

Hey JIm,

How's it going? First formal night will be first day at sea. The last will be on the second Satruday, next to last day at sea. Now the third will be, this is pure speculation since the cruise hasn't started running, Monday or Tuesday. 3 Formal, 3 Informal, and 5 Casual.

Thanks cheese...hey, another question: We have always dressed up on formal nights, is there the typical formal night question on Celelbrity...ie,

I don't dress up I paid for the #*#&$^%(# cruise and will dress anyway I want?

That's a good one. Celebrity, being a little more upscale than other lines, has more formal nights and for the most part people adhere to it. You will some people that will dress for dinner and then change. It all bugs me. I like the look of formal night and how classy everything looks.

The biggest questions tend to come on the informal nights, Slacks, Tie, and Jacket required. Unfortunately, people see informal and think casual, resort wear. It's the night that probably bothers me the most. Once again, for the most part, people understand, but there are a lot who don't and come in clothes that do not meet requirements. The restaurant tend to be lenient on this one. X need to do what RCCL did and call it semi-formal.

The biggest question that is probably out there regarding any of this is, "Why doesn't Celebrity enforce their dress code?"

Kathy and I truly enjoy the atmosphere X provides.

PS You cannot were a toga on Formal night even if you are wearing a tie. But you can were a kilt

Actually, I guess this one is to Jim:

We are looking at this cruise. Just so tempting with no flight necessary. We live about 1 hr and change west of Ft. Worth in Eastland County.

And we'd love to get out of town after the Christmas madness that we have in our family.

So, my question (finally) is what's the best way to get down there? Is there a metro bus availble from the Arlington area? I think I heard that a couple of years ogo. Driving isn't *that* far, but then there's the problem of stashing the car for a couple of weeks.

About Celebrity and Formal - I think Celebrity holds to the standard more than most. Or maybe people cruising Celebrity just enjoy the formal mood and ambiance. We do! We were on her on a Med trip last Oct and will be on her for a Baltic/Trans Back to Back in August. Formal nights were glittery and festive with happy faces. I didn't run into the grumblies - perhaps they were having their dinner in another venue. We really like Celebrity. It fits us more than the others we have tried. I love not having all the announcements and paper deluge under the door and bingo in your face. Very civilized!

I find it closest to HAL in the other ships that we have sailed. We haven't sailed on Carnval, but night and day from NCL which we used to sail a lot.

Hey JIm,

How's it going? First formal night will be first day at sea. The last will be on the second Satruday, next to last day at sea. Now the third will be, this is pure speculation since the cruise hasn't started running, Monday or Tuesday. 3 Formal, 3 Informal, and 5 Casual.

Chess, do you mean the first formal night is after the first FULL day at sea (i.e., not the day you board)? I would think so, as I'd expect New Year's Eve to be a formal night...

Just keep in mind that a zillion children will have been terrorizing the ship and crew prior to your New Year's cruise. We did this cruise in 2003/2004 and the crew didn't seem very happy and we incurred the worst service pretty much across the board of anywhere we've been. Very disappointing.

As i mentioned on anothr post, we have had to cancel New Year's Eve cruise due to a conflict with a compnay sales meeting..Bummer. But we did re-book for 4-14-05 (?) may be off a day or so here. Those on the 12-30-04 sailing, an early Bon Voyage to you!

Archived