SUMMIT, has anyone had the wine pairing dinner?

motherchic

at the specialty restaurant.

I ahve eaten at the restaurant and loved it. We are considering making a reservation for the wine pairing. I have heard the menu is limited. Can anyone give me more information as to how limited?

Do they still offer a beef, a fish etc or do you not get a choice?

Any info would help

thank you

Nadine

Hi Nadine, My sis and I did the pairings in Normandie last year on a Christmas/new year's Hawaii cruise. We also did the pairings with our folks this Christmas in Ocean Liners on the Connie. I've eaten at these two, 7 times in the last 3 years. I love it. If you like great cuisine, the food will blow you away.

The pairings have 3 courses instead of 4 with the "regular" meal. This means you can't have both the lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle (sob). The entree list is smaller. It still has the lamb en croute though (my fav!). Also, the portions are smaller on some things.

BUT...I am a novice wine drinker, mainly merlot, pinot noir, and my new fav shiraz/syrah and I and my sis thoroughly enjoyed the pairings. Mom thought it was nice (she likes sweeter wines) and dad abstained (he is not much for wine at all). You do not choose from a list, they serve you what goes with each dish you selected. I love experiences though and being a med-dry red drinker I never thought I would love the combination of a very sweet port with a strong bleu cheese and a slice of apple but I found that out at the pairings!

All that aside, you can decide between the two after looking at the menu.

Oh.... everyone at the table has to go off the same menu even if someone doens't do the pairings. They don't have to pay the extra for the wine but they are on the same smaller menu.

Besides if you are doing a longer cruise (10-15 night), go two times and have it both ways!!

I have tried to attach a pic of the special treat from the chef (amuse bouch) that they serve with either menu.

It is a very elegant place in music, decor, food and service but you can go and have fun. The staff is great at making you feel relaxed.

Enjoy!

=CD=

1210625774_Normandie-amusebouch.jpg.51faffd5fdcdbee7494cbc2e23aa4334.jpg

Hi Nadine, My sis and I did the pairings in Normandie last year on a Christmas/new year's Hawaii cruise. We also did the pairings with our folks this Christmas in Ocean Liners on the Connie. I've eaten at these two, 7 times in the last 3 years. I love it. If you like great cuisine, the food will blow you away.

The pairings have 3 courses instead of 4 with the "regular" meal. This means you can't have both the lobster bisque and the goat cheese souffle (sob). The entree list is smaller. It still has the lamb en croute though (my fav!). Also, the portions are smaller on some things.

BUT...I am a novice wine drinker, mainly merlot, pinot noir, and my new fav shiraz/syrah and I and my sis thoroughly enjoyed the pairings. Mom thought it was nice (she likes sweeter wines) and dad abstained (he is not much for wine at all). You do not choose from a list, they serve you what goes with each dish you selected. I love experiences though and being a med-dry red drinker I never thought I would love the combination of a very sweet port with a strong bleu cheese and a slice of apple but I found that out at the pairings!

All that aside, you can decide between the two after looking at the menu.

Oh.... everyone at the table has to go off the same menu even if someone doens't do the pairings. They don't have to pay the extra for the wine but they are on the same smaller menu.

Besides if you are doing a longer cruise (10-15 night), go two times and have it both ways!!

I have tried to attach a pic of the special treat from the chef (amuse bouch) that they serve with either menu.

It is a very elegant place in music, decor, food and service but you can go and have fun. The staff is great at making you feel relaxed.

Enjoy!

=CD=

Thank you so much for your nice reply. I finally found the menu. I believe i will book the regular. I have done that before and also thought it was wonderful. The menu I saw showed a choice of the lamb and a fish. I am sooo not a fussy eater but I would truly rather have a seafood or a beef---so I guess i will play it safe. Like you

I enjoy my red wine and thought it might be fun to try the pairings to expose to me to other tastes.

Thanks again

Archived