Any suggestions for excursions for people with minor limitations?

KTownGirl

Hi all,

My fiance and I are going to Belize mid-April on the Carnival Legend. We're trying to figure out what to do while in port, and we're looking for some suggestions since we both have some minor limitations.

I'm 28 and have recently recovered (it will be one year in April) from a slipped disk in my lower back. I feel pretty confident, but I don't want to push myself (so no zip-lining).

My fiance who's 29 has had surgery on both knees, the most recent was in December of 2006.

Quite a pair, eh?

Anyways, any suggestions for things to do in Belize would be greatly appreciated. We've considered cave-tubing, but no one has really posted about how difficult it is physically.

Thanks!

event.png

It seems the hike to the river for cave tubing is hilly and can be very muddy and slippery depending on recent weather conditions. DW and I were not interested in ziplining or cave tubing in Belize, so I did a lot of reading to figure out what else we could do.

Here's some info gleaned from the different threads on this board regarding alternatives:

Beach/snorkeling on one of the Cayes. Some have shopping as well.

City tours via van with local driver. There is also a local brewery tour available. (DW and I are doing this.)

Horseback riding at ?? Plantation. Excursions there also seem to provide lunch, and there are other activities available. (Almost decided on this one.)

The Belize Zoo

Mayan ruins tours. There are two main ruins the tours run to, and lots of discussion about which ones are better, etc.

I would recommend reading the threads here in the Belize topic to get a feel for what's out there and what might fit your limitations and interests. I spent a couple hours doing so - skipping anything that mentioned ziplining and cave tubing - and felt the results of my search were well worth the time spent. The amount of information available on these boards is astounding!

Have fun doing your research, and enjoy your cruise. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - may you and soon-to-be DH have many happy years and cruises together!:)

Archived