May 2008 - which ship in Galveston?

Any ideas if the Voyager of the Seas will still be in Galveston in May 2008? We'd love to sail the one itinerary that they offer (Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya, Progreso).

I know it is unclear what they'll be doing with Galveston, but any predictions?

There is a big void in Galveston re: Royal Caribbean. I have no doubt they'll fill it, they just haven't announced what ships they're moving there and to which port - Galveston, or the new cruise ship terminal in Bayport. Keep in mind they haven't announced Independence's itineraries yet, when that happens, I'm sure a lot of people will be booking cruises on her. She'll no doubt be put on an existing itinerary like they did with Freedom, which means they'll be moving other ships off said itinerary.

I for one, am curious to see what RCI will bring to the Houston/Galveston area and find it odd the doomsaying attitude that RCI is leaving this area forever. Heck, they've currently got 2 ships sailing from here that AFAICT, are sold out . I would be very surprised if they're about to abandon an established market.

we hope texas gets a voyager class ship- or a freedom class or any class for that matter- would give us a 2nd fly to port- putting something in nola fulltime would give us a drive to port so we would be thrilled with that too!!!

we hope texas gets a voyager class ship- or a freedom class or any class for that matter- would give us a 2nd fly to port-

I get the impression they're test marketing Voyager in Galveston which is why she's only here 3 1/2 months. It could also be a test of how well Galveston handles a ship of that size. I'd love for them to bring a Radiance class into Houston, we'll just have to wait and see.

Out of curiousity, Conquest sails out of Galveston, what class of RC ship does Conquest correspond to?

conquest is like 110,000 tons- is a decent ship- radiance class is 90,000 tons- voyager is 138,000 tons - enchantment now at 80,000 tons-

not a huge diff. just jumping up 10,000 tons- but is a huge diff going 28,000 tons-

if...... i only wanted to drive and conquest was the only ship i could drive to and the price was great.....i would go on conquest again- we had a great time but if at all poss. will stick with rci- and voyager or up class.....

The Voyager will be there in late Nov. 07 though 2008......Nothing after the Rhap and Splendour leave until then....Sad. Everyone loves the Galveston port, so we have to wait and see. We just did Splendour and it was GREAT. Have done the Rhap at least 4 or 5 times with family....Surely RCL will not leave that port idle.......

Archived