AC cabins on Spirit

TERTOG

We're booked in an AC cabin for the Spirit 9 day out of Miami. In all the pictures I've seen, there appears to be some kind of a screen/barrier over half the balcony. Are we only getting a regular balcony or the the larger size the diagrams show? If anyone has stayed in one of these cabins, I woild love to have more info.

Thanks,

Terry

I have not been on the Spirit, but the Star has a similiar configuration where the master bath is flush with the outer rail of the balcony. As such, the whirlpool tub exterior glass looks out to sea as does the seperate shower which has full length glass on the exterior as well. It is a very scenic way to bathe/shower.

The balcony portion the suite is essentially the same size as a mini suite on the Star and I would guess similar in size to a ocean view balcony cabin on the Spirit.

I would be interested to hear from actual Spirit passengers for confirmation.

The balcony is the same size as a BA or BB cabin balcony. To give you an idea of size, the AC is exactly the size of two BA balcony cabins - but the actual balcony is only the size of one balcony cabin (where the other half would be is an enclosed room with big window). What TV Cruiser describes with the Star is exactly what I saw on the Spirit. If you want a bigger balcony, go with an AD, AB or AA (they are located on the bow and stern and have very wide balconies.....and 2 of the corner AB's actually have 2 balconies - one in front and one on the side).

Thanks for replying. Now I have to decide if its worth all the extra money. We really wanted the larger balcony. May have to downgrade. For the difference in price we could take another cruise. What good is a shower/tub that looks out over the water/port if most of your baths are after dark?

Since most of these cabins are available for our sailing, maybe NCL will give us a discount not to downgrade.

Terry

If it's only the balcony that makes a difference, then you will be disappointed. BUT keep in mind that you get a fabulous butler, concierge service, a georgeous bathroom, in-suite dining, champagne, canapes, priority embarkation/debarkation and more as perks. Once you've cruised in an AD or better, you won't want to go back to a non-suite room.

Archived