Just back from Explorer of the Seas with 3 year old

natalun

We are just arrived back from our January 21st cruise on Explorer of the Seas with our almost three year old - Had a wonderful experience. Ports of call were San Jaun, St. Martin, St. Thomas and Nassau. I'm happy to answer any questions….

Hi there..i'm off on the Jewel at the end of the month with my 3 yr old..what kinds of activities did the have in AO? What was good & bad? How was the babysitting at night?

Shore excursions that worked well for lil guys?

Thanks for any advice!

Cowie:)

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Adventure ocean. (i.e. how were the activities, staff, pagers.) I have a 4 yr old and will be sailing on the explorer in April. any input would be great. Thanks

My son was two weeks too young to take part in Adventure Ocean. Our tables mates' 3 year old loved it. I spoke to many parents on board and no one had a negative comment.

Hi there..i'm off on the Jewel at the end of the month with my 3 yr old..what kinds of activities did the have in AO? What was good & bad? How was the babysitting at night?

Shore excursions that worked well for lil guys?

Thanks for any advice!

Cowie:)

Hi -

Our son was two weeks too young to take part in Adventure Ocean. What I do know is AO has activities scheduled throughout the day and this are provided in the kids compass in advance. All the older children appeared to love AO.

We thought we might have a hard time keeping our son entertained without access to AO however the ship has tons of family events going on as well, Crayola time, Family Quest, The parent trap game - All lots of fun.

We only used in cabin babysitting one night, scheduled with no problem. The babysitter came after we put our son to sleep. She was a very sweet lady, spoke English well and appeared to really enjoy children.

Excursions:

San Juan - We took the free bus up to the fort and walked downhill back. The fort worked quite well as there is a very large grassy were he enjoyed running around. He also enjoyed looking at the canons. The walk back to the ship took us about an hour. This includes time spent stopping at Ben & Jerry's for ice cream and looking in some shops at a three year olds pace.

St. Marten - We did the butterfly farm tour and Orient Beach tour through the ship. Both were a hit. I was concerned about nudity at Orient Beach but this concern was really unfounded. Saw a couple of topless ladies, no offence piercing or the like. The water was a bit rough which our son really enjoyed (but other children may not).

St. Thomas - We did the Coral World and Magens Bay Beach tour through the ship. We enjoyed both as well. Magens Bay was gorgeous. Coral World I would only recommend to people who, like us, live no where close to a 'real' aquarium. It is a good place for kids.

Nassau - We went on our own to Ardastra Gardens. This was a nice little trip, not a huge place but nice. Wasn't crowded at all. Our son enjoyed feeding the parrots and watching the flamingos. Our dinning room table mates took their 3.5 year old son on the ship's pirate tour, which they were disappointed with.

Hope this helps.

good to know! We are leaving Monday with 3 year old and 5 month old. Did you take a booster/car seat for 3 year old in taxis on way to port or did you find a company who had some to loan? Normally we take our sit & stroll for her but we will have the 5 month old in an infant seat and stroller and were trying to cut down on luggage but don't want to risk her safety, either.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived