Caribbean Princess - Dolphin 734 or 735??

serfergurl

Has anyone stayed in these aft balcony rooms? Did you like them? There are few aft balconies that accomodate 3 people, myself, DH & DS (teenager)...will it be too cramped? I would book a minisuite but cannot find any aft minisuites on the CB, and I'd rather have the aft balcony than a bit of extra room space!!

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!!

If you want to see what the balconies look like from the aft view, I took some pictures while in port and. You can view them by clicking on my picture link below and going to the Caribbean Princess album. They look like really neat rooms.

We had D735 this past November (myself, DH and DS-6yo). We loved the location. The balcony room was the standard size but the balcony was very large. We've had Caribe balconies before and it was larger that those (IMO). Fully covered. There was a suite to our left and a mechanical (?) room to right so the room is VERY private. I will caution you that it is louder than other balconies (yes, the wake sound is wonderful) but there is a noise other than the wake. Did it ruin it...absolutely not. IMO the privacy, lack of neighbors and the large size of the balcony totally outweigh the "mechanical" noise.

Another plus for us is that it's convenient to the kids program and buffet which are also aft.

I don't think you'll regret it if you book this cabin.

We have done aft twice before. I'm not a fan of going backwards. Also once there seemed to be the odor of bacon in the am. That being said they are great rooms for the size of the balcony and lots and lots of privacy. And not a long walk up the steps to the buffets. We like the front balconies better.

have a great time

We stayed in the Vista suite on Dolphin deck a couple of years ago and loved it. We've also stayed in the very front of the ship and I much prefer the aft cabins. In fact we'll be on the CB in March with both a Vista suite and a BA cabin right next door for my kids (adult kids). I'm so looking forward to enjoying the balcony and the wake.

Happy cruising!

• 5 months later...
We could not make up our mind so we booked D734 and D735 for our cruise in July.

My family (three of us) has D734 booked on the Grand Princess (similar deck layout) for May 2008. We would love to see pictures of the balcony after you return. We would also like any info about the "mechanical room" next to the cabin towards the center of the aft.

Have a great time on your cruise

Ron "AZ Boomer"

• 1 year later...
We had D735 this past November (myself, DH and DS-6yo). We loved the location. The balcony room was the standard size but the balcony was very large. We've had Caribe balconies before and it was larger that those (IMO). Fully covered. There was a suite to our left and a mechanical (?) room to right so the room is VERY private. I will caution you that it is louder than other balconies (yes, the wake sound is wonderful) but there is a noise other than the wake. Did it ruin it...absolutely not. IMO the privacy, lack of neighbors and the large size of the balcony totally outweigh the "mechanical" noise.

Another plus for us is that it's convenient to the kids program and buffet which are also aft.

I don't think you'll regret it if you book this cabin.

HI:

Thx for your review. I am also booked in this cabin for the Sept 5th 2009 sailing. I just read the cabin next to it, had several problems. I'm kinda worried. Should I change, since I still have plenty of time?

hi, my dh and I have had d735 and will be in it again this year. we just loved it!! the balconey was wonderful. we sat out there a large portion of the cruise. with only people on one side of us it was really private. as for some "other noise" besides the wake, we never heard it. enjoy the room...you're going to love it!

Archived