Jewel - 6 day itinerary - Formal nights ?

DJAM

Hello all. We are booked on Jewel in February for a 6 day Western itinerary. How many formal nights should we expect ? One or two ? We do not want to pack for a second if it is unnecessary. We know a 7 day has two and a 4 day has one. Seems a 6 day could go either way. Anyone know for sure ?

We went on this same cruise in 2004. It was wonderful. Jewel is a beautiful ship. We had only one formal night - the night we left key west. the others were casual with one "smart casual" but I never figured out what exactly that meant. we just did the "casual" thing the other nights. have a great cruise!!!

We are also on this Sunday's cruise on the Jewel and I don't understand why they do the 2nd Formal Night the day we are in Grand Cayman, that means early seating diners have to come back to the ship early to get ready and we are only in the Cayman's till 6pm. I wonder why they don't do the 2nd formal night on the last night (at sea night). Is it because nobody will be able to buy the pictures the next day? Oh well, I think we will book Chops/Portofino's that night.

Wishing everyone a wonderful cruise whenever you are cruising.

Amy

We are also on this Sunday's cruise on the Jewel and I don't understand why they do the 2nd Formal Night the day we are in Grand Cayman, that means early seating diners have to come back to the ship early to get ready and we are only in the Cayman's till 6pm. I wonder why they don't do the 2nd formal night on the last night (at sea night). Is it because nobody will be able to buy the pictures the next day? Oh well, I think we will book Chops/Portofino's that night.

Wishing everyone a wonderful cruise whenever you are cruising.

Amy

We did the same, ate at Portfino's the second formal night. The only problem with that is it was lobster night. But, Portfino's and Chops is a great substitution.

Leaving Sunday and the cruise book says 2 formal nights...

Just checked the book - you're right - it does say 6 Day cruise = two formal nights ! Guess I should spend more time reading the book ! Thanks all ! Looks like we're packing a few more items .

Just returned from Jewel, same itin. on the 21st. Two formal nts. - Mon. & Thurs. The last night (Friday) would seem to make sense in a way, but that poses its own set of problems.. Getting back to your room in time to pack up your formal clothes and having luggage in the hall ready for pick up, etc.

Just a little tip.. If you are thinking of doing an alternative restaurant, I'd choose the Caribb. night (Tues., I think) It was definitely the weakest menu of the week. Lobster night is Thurs., your last formal night. YUM!! How I envy you!! Enjoy :D

Archived