Bioluminescent Bay Kayak tour on Sunday

superdrews

Does anyone know of any tours that go on Sunday? I'm going to be there post cruise on February 11th and really want to see this as the last time I was in San Juan on a cruise it was cancelled and it was the shore excursion I am most excited with. Now I'm going to be there again, and the Saturday before the cruise when I arrive it will be a full moon and the only other day I have is Sunday, and I can't find a single outfitter that will go. Please post any recommendations here or email me at superdrew at yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

p.s. I even tried the concierge to my hotel and they were no use.

Are you available to do the tour on the 10th of Feb.??? If so then you dont have to worry about the full moon cycle as it will not affect this date. Check with www.enchantedislandpr.com or 787 888-2887 they have been providing this tour for over seven years and also provide round trip transportation if needed from the San Juan area if thats where you are staying.

Hope this helps.

I wish I could but our cruise ship doesn't dock until the morning of the 11th. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Are you available to do the tour on the 10th of Feb.??? If so then you dont have to worry about the full moon cycle as it will not affect this date. Check with www.enchantedislandpr.com or 787 888-2887 they have been providing this tour for over seven years and also provide round trip transportation if needed from the San Juan area if thats where you are staying.

Hope this helps.

I finally found:

hi all. we are san juan now (monday night 11/6) to board Empress on thursday. we are going on the bio bay trip tomorrow night. we booked thru chris @ travel association....phone number 787-667-6729. i believe they do offer transportation from the port also.

Who does tours on Sunday's by looking at this board more and calling calling calling. I'm super disappointed in the Concierge at the Sheraton Old San Juan for not being able to refer me anywhere. You would think they would know San Juan and it's attractions like the back of their hand.

Ok so you are in Puerto Rico on the 3rd??? and you sail on the 4th? if thats the case then you can do the biobay tour on the 3rd if you go in before the moon rises which won't be until 742pm. The company I referenced does a sunset tour which will have you in the biobay before the moon rises so you would be able to see the bioluminescence.

Hope this helps.

Just an FYI with the booking that you did with chris. I hope that they informed you that not until Saturday the 3rd would you be seeing any of the bioluminescence because of the full moon cycle. You can check any lunar calendar and see for yourself the moon times so if this chris told you or (sold you) something else than buyer beware. Again just an FYI so that you don't think we here on cruisecritic are not trying to give you the most accurate information.

• 1 month later...

Ecoaction does the tour on Sundays. I don't know how or why he is allowed to do the tour when it sounds like the park is closed, but he seems legit and others have posted on this board that they have done a Sunday tour with him. Here's the link http://www.ecoactiontours.com/ and if anyone finds out how he is allowed to do the tour on Sundays please let me know. I plan on using him in May.

Will any of the outfitters that you have all mentioned be able to get you back to the ship in time to leave by 11 pm? That's when our ship sails and I wish it was midnight like some of them, but sadly it's not.

There is an excursion through Princess on our cruise but from the looks of it, it's strictly in a kayak and I want to be able to actually get IN the water too.

Can anyone help me out with some information please?

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

The bay does not close on sundays. Its just that most tour outfitters want/need a day off and they chose sundays. Theoretically, one wouldn't even need a tour operator for this as one leaves a public beach, through a public mangrove canal, and into a public lagoon.

That said, everything is dark and I wouldn't want to be out there without a guide that knows what and where they are going.

The people at ecoactiontours were great. If someone is interested in a biobay tour, I highly recommend them. They do tours 7 days a week, obviously meaning they also do Sunday tours.

Archived