Best Night for Palo on 4 Night Cruise

susan-robert

There are three possible rotations. They generally won't tell you which you have until you board on the ship. Since there are three restaurants, once you know which one repeats, that is the one you skip to go to Palo. If you have Animator's Palate twice, definitely go to Palo the second night because it won't change colors the second time and although it is fun, the menu itself is not the big draw.

Another possibility would be to dine at Parrot Cay for lunch or breakfast and skip it for dinner in favor of Palo.

If you want to look at the Disney Wonder's menus in advance, they are available on cruiseclues.com.

I would definitely NOT recommend going to Palo the night of the Pirate party. It is a terrific celebration and you will enjoy your own servers and the antics in your dining room that evening.

Hope this helps.

You do not need to wait until you are on-board, esp if you are in C3-C2-C1. My recomendation is to call Disney directly, or have your TA do it, and request a rotation that begins with Triton, which will then end with Triton. Skip dinner at Parrot Cay and go to Palos. Another often overlooked Palo idea is to have brunch on your sea days. We much prefered brunch over dinner because the food was better, the deserts fantastic, and the day time views from Palo are great. At night it's just big dark ocean!

We started at triton, then animators(missed this one), then animators again only this time they didnt do the animation was so bummed. it was a pirate dinner. then parrot cay. so i can tsay we finished where we started. we cruised Jan 7 2007

We started at triton, then animators(missed this one), then animators again only this time they didnt do the animation was so bummed. it was a pirate dinner. then parrot cay. so i can tsay we finished where we started. we cruised Jan 7 2007

I agree. Our restaurants went APPT, so we repeated Parrot Cay twice (or would have) in the middle. The 3rd night is Pirate Night. We had Palo this night and regretted it. The Pirate Night menu looked REALLY good, and it seemed like lots of fun, which we missed out on due to Palo ressies. If I ever do a 4-night over again, I would choose the 2nd night for Palo. (This is with the disclaimer that you are not repeating Animator's Palate in the middle, because the first night will be the "show" and the second night will be Pirate Night. If this happens, just skip Parrott Cay. IMO, it's by far the WORST sit-down restaurant on the ship.)

And, P.S., while everyone drouls over the Palo chocolate souffle, what I really, really loved was the pistachio raspberry tart that they had. OMG, I think it was the best dessert I ever had anywhere, ever!

Here is the rotation schedule for the 4-Day Wonder:

TAAP 5:30 and 8:00

APPT 5:45 and 8:15

PTTA 6:00 and 8:30

T=Triton

A=Animator's Palate

P=Parrot Cay

We had TAAP our November cruise, 5:30 PM. We found it too early. So, we are booked late seating our next cruise. We always missed sunset and the ship leaving the ports. We did Palo on the last night of the cruise. It wasn't very full and ended the cruise on a WONDERful note. You may also do the brunch on the At Sea day. We plan on it next time. I also agree with the other posts that Parrot Cay was not very goodl. We took the kids to dinner there before Palo. Bon Voyage!

-Jennifer

Thank you all so much for your responses. You have been very helpful. I am going to try calling Disney to see if we can request the rotation which has Parot Cay last. I like the idea of going on the last night, plus it seems that Pirate Night is a lot of fun and we wouldn't want to miss that.

Archived