Upper Berths

sherry52

Does anyone have any pics of the upper berths let out for the night. I am rooming with someone (three of us) that has not cruised before and she wants to know what the upper beds look like when they are out for the night. I know I have see photos before, but can't find now. If you have stayed in a balcony cabin on the Crown and have pics showing the upper beds out for the night, I would love to see the pics to show my friend.

Thanks for your help.

***I know someone already asked this earlier but I thought it would not hurt to try again.

Bon yoyage!!

These are not mine but I posted them earlier today on a different thread.

Bear in mind if only one berth is used, it is the one against the wall.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jessican...03288041994/13

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jessican...03288043038/14

shows the other side of it with full view of the room.

Picture credit goes to OnlineMom

Thanks for sharing those photos! Another question - can the lower beds be in queen-formation when a 3rd person is staying in the room? I got the impression that the lower beds were fixed in the twin position, but maybe I'm wrong?

Huskerdan - did you go to college in Nebraska? Wondering if your member name has the same meaning as mine. :)

Thanks for sharing those photos! Another question - can the lower beds be in queen-formation when a 3rd person is staying in the room? I got the impression that the lower beds were fixed in the twin position, but maybe I'm wrong?

Huskerdan - did you go to college in Nebraska? Wondering if your member name has the same meaning as mine. :)

In my photos, the two lower beds are combined into a queen so yes, you can have the queen formation with the third person using the upper berth.

I am from Omaha and bleed Husker red :) I did not attend UNL though. It is just my home state and of course, my favorite college football team.

Dan

The queen in your photo is what prompted me to ask - I wonder if the answer changes depending on the ship? Now I honestly can't remember if the booking agent said that we needed to have twin formation or if I just assumed... going to check it out! Thanks for the confirmation!

PS - Even though I will always be a Trojan, I spent a few days in Lincoln for a skating competition, and I toured the campus - it's beautiful! I root for them unless they're playing SC. :)

It might take some doing to move the beds together' date=' but you can always ask the cabin steward.

BTW, I root for UCLA and whichever team is playing SC (sorry, couldn't resist).[/quote']

You must have disappointing football seasons, then! :D

I remember when I was just starting grad school (at Missouri U.). The first football game was at the Coliseum and the Tigers pulled an upset and beat SC. Columbia, MO went crazy, but I told my new friends that they can't be as happy as I was that night.:D That was the year that Mizzou beat Nebraska in Lincoln and ND in So. Bend, but only managed to win one game at home during the entire season.

It's so much fun when your team is winning! We had some low years at SC - 3 of my 4 years there, in fact! (They went to the RoseBowl my freshman year). I have learned not to always root against ucla or nd, though, depending on the standings - it's weird to hope they win, though! :)

Thank you to all that showed me your pictures. I now have a great idea how the upper berths will be.

One of the two ladies in my group will be using the upper berth. I don't think I can do it. I could get up there, but getting down would be the problem.

Thanks again for taking time to show me pictures.

Archived